OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with Tracklogging

2 posters

Go down

Problem with Tracklogging Empty Problem with Tracklogging

Post  Andreas Sun May 15, 2011 3:56 pm

On my HTC Desire HD under Android 2.3 I experience the following conditions with 3.4.2:
a) Whe I start track loggin, the application freezes after a while, sometimes even directly after the start, and android suggests to kill it
b) When I try to look at the track statistics, the display makes absolutely no sense (most of the values 0, even when the distance says more than some kilometres. The Graph shows nothing
c) While Tracking, no track lines are shown
d) When I tap the Satellite Icon while in Tracking mode, oruxmaps tells my I have to stop track logging first. No problem, but If I do it the other way round, the program does not complain. This seems strange to me

I'm using swiss maps with SWISSGRID.Can/should I provide more information. Should I try a Beta version?
Regards Andreas

Andreas

Back to top Go down

Problem with Tracklogging Empty Re: Problem with Tracklogging

Post  Psycogeek Mon May 16, 2011 12:07 am

hi andreas (this is all i know , which isnt much)
same thing happens here, if your converting tracks to another format, then delete the original.
because
if there is no tracks there, it will not pause for as long. it does the same thing on mydevice, i just tell it to Wait, and it eventually works.
if you crash or fail, or hard stop the program when tracking the tracking file (database) can become corrupt, once corrupt then things go really badly when starting another track, so then you should certannly delete the track file item before starting it up again.

Track lines and track data are highly dependant on the Tracking parameters and "segment" parameters that the user sets. i am having trouble with them when i adjust them myself, because i dont totally understand how they work. but a "line" or segment is not created untill all the conditions for a segment are first met. Unlike some other tracking devices the line does NOT breadcrumb behind you till it is a complete segment, then that line is drawn. the (at least) 3 parameters that define a segment are important.
when having trouble set those to "(recommended)" then adjust them more slowly off the recommended.

When tracking the program wants to make Sure that it does not get stopped or killed, so it does lock up some operations. if it gets killed or stopped (again) the tracking file database could be stopped in the middle of a write or without "closing" the file, which can make a corrupt file item.

yes you should try the latest beta, i dont have a lot of time in with it yet , but something in tracking has changed?? it does not balk as much, but then i have not tracked far yet.

Psycogeek

Cantidad de envíos : 53

Back to top Go down

Post  Psycogeek Fri May 20, 2011 12:39 am

oops, scratch that.
i tested the tracking many times, then changed something , and now all it does is force close :-(
try the NEw "improved" beta the 3.5.8 not 3.5.7.

Psycogeek

Cantidad de envíos : 53

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri May 20, 2011 5:23 pm

Andreas wrote:On my HTC Desire HD under Android 2.3 I experience the following conditions with 3.4.2:
a) Whe I start track loggin, the application freezes after a while, sometimes even directly after the start, and android suggests to kill it
b) When I try to look at the track statistics, the display makes absolutely no sense (most of the values 0, even when the distance says more than some kilometres. The Graph shows nothing
c) While Tracking, no track lines are shown
d) When I tap the Satellite Icon while in Tracking mode, oruxmaps tells my I have to stop track logging first. No problem, but If I do it the other way round, the program does not complain. This seems strange to me

I'm using swiss maps with SWISSGRID.Can/should I provide more information. Should I try a Beta version?
Regards Andreas

Hi, Andrea;

Strange errors;

May be tracks data base is corrupt;

rename oruxmapstracks.db file; inside oruxmaps/tracklogs/ directory. OruxMaps will recreate the tracks data file.

try again,

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri May 20, 2011 5:25 pm

Psycogeek wrote:oops, scratch that.
i tested the tracking many times, then changed something , and now all it does is force close :-(
try the NEw "improved" beta the 3.5.8 not 3.5.7.

Hi, Psycogeek;

May be you can install aLogcat, and send me a log after a crash,

I can analyse the causes,

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Problem with Tracklogging Empty Problem solved for me with 3.5.7beta and android 2.3.3

Post  Andreash Mon May 23, 2011 10:17 am

I installed 3.5.7beta and the problem is gone for me on my HTC Desire HD. Installation of the android update 2.3.3 did not harm this. I will try an newer Beta asap and will come back with the result. Untill then: Works like a charm at the moment
Regards Andreas

Andreash

Back to top Go down

Problem with Tracklogging Empty 3.5.9 still OK

Post  Andreas Tue May 24, 2011 7:45 pm

So I think this problem is gone.

Andreas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down