OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great app!

2 posters

Go down

Great app! Empty Great app!

Post  StephenF Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:28 am

This app combined with TrekBuddy is great! I now have Google Terrain maps loaded on my Droid for anywhere I am likely to go hiking on a regular basis. This makes it better than most expensive standalone GPS units. I also love how I can record tracks to geotag my photos with the same app. I do have two suggestions if you don't mind:

1. The lowest minimum distance between track log points in 10 meters. I'd like a five meter (or custom) option.

2. Perhaps you could add the capability to over zoom on the loaded maps. I have the most detailed Google Terrain tiles loaded (zoom level 15), but because the resolution on the Droid is so high, the maps still appear too small. I'd like to be able to zoom to 200% on the final zoom level.

Thank you so much for this app!
-Stephen

StephenF

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

Great app! Empty Re: Great app!

Post  orux Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:50 am

StephenF wrote:This app combined with TrekBuddy is great! I now have Google Terrain maps loaded on my Droid for anywhere I am likely to go hiking on a regular basis. This makes it better than most expensive standalone GPS units. I also love how I can record tracks to geotag my photos with the same app. I do have two suggestions if you don't mind:

1. The lowest minimum distance between track log points in 10 meters. I'd like a five meter (or custom) option.

2. Perhaps you could add the capability to over zoom on the loaded maps. I have the most detailed Google Terrain tiles loaded (zoom level 15), but because the resolution on the Droid is so high, the maps still appear too small. I'd like to be able to zoom to 200% on the final zoom level.

Thank you so much for this app!
-Stephen

Thanks, StephenF;

I think that you do not have installed last version (1.8.0) because the lowest minimum distance between track log points is 0 mts, and there is an option with 5 mts in this version (not in 1.6.0 version).

About zoom: I am going to implement the zoom system used with one-layer maps (from 20% to 180%) in multilayer maps (with the more and lesser detailed layer).

And photos; Yes, I want to add this feature in next versions.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenF Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:12 pm

Wow, my only two complaints and you either already have or are planning to take care of them. I must have downloaded 1.6 just before 1.8 was available on the Marketplace. Great work!

-Stephen

StephenF

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:18 pm

StephenF wrote:Wow, my only two complaints and you either already have or are planning to take care of them. I must have downloaded 1.6 just before 1.8 was available on the Marketplace. Great work!

-Stephen

Hi,

Tell us about battery life of your droid (using gps), I am very interested in that device!

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenF Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:58 pm

I'll have to use it some more before I can really get an idea for battery life. I've only used it to record a track for a 30 minute/1.2 mile hike so far. I used the Google Terrain map I created (150 MB and almost 2000 tiles). I also wanted to test out using the gpx track OruxMaps created to geotag some pictures I took using Microsoft's Pro Photo Tools. Everything worked perfectly. I couldn't detect any battery drain over the 30 minute hike. I'm loving my Droid so far. I've only had locked Verizon phones (LG Dare, etc.) before this and Android has opened up a whole new experience. As my brother said, "I've been assimilated."

-Stephen

StephenF

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:53 am

StephenF wrote:I'll have to use it some more before I can really get an idea for battery life. I've only used it to record a track for a 30 minute/1.2 mile hike so far. I used the Google Terrain map I created (150 MB and almost 2000 tiles). I also wanted to test out using the gpx track OruxMaps created to geotag some pictures I took using Microsoft's Pro Photo Tools. Everything worked perfectly. I couldn't detect any battery drain over the 30 minute hike. I'm loving my Droid so far. I've only had locked Verizon phones (LG Dare, etc.) before this and Android has opened up a whole new experience. As my brother said, "I've been assimilated."

-Stephen

Thanks, StephenF; waiting more experiences, with larger hikings.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down