OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my phone goes in stand by using oruxmaps

4 posters

Go down

my phone goes in stand by using oruxmaps Empty my phone goes in stand by using oruxmaps

Post  gr68 Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:26 am

Hello

Yesterday I tried oruxmaps in mountain and I have noticed that my htc desire HD was going in standy-by after 30 seconds.
Is there any option in oruxmaps to bypass the phone stand-by ? For example using copilot live navigator the phone never goes in stand-by . Thank you.

gr68

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

my phone goes in stand by using oruxmaps Empty Re: my phone goes in stand by using oruxmaps

Post  orux Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:47 pm

gr68 wrote:Hello

Yesterday I tried oruxmaps in mountain and I have noticed that my htc desire HD was going in standy-by after 30 seconds.
Is there any option in oruxmaps to bypass the phone stand-by ? For example using copilot live navigator the phone never goes in stand-by . Thank you.

yes, settings--application--'always on'

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

my phone goes in stand by using oruxmaps Empty Re: my phone goes in stand by using oruxmaps

Post  pedja Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:38 am

It is advisable that this option makes difference if phone is on his own power, or attached to the car power, for example. I do not have problem of phone going to stand by, but it dims the screen instead.

While used in car it should not just keep screen lit but also allow screen to be adjusted to maximum brightness, regardless of system settings.

pedja

Cantidad de envíos : 111

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:25 pm

pedja wrote:It is advisable that this option makes difference if phone is on his own power, or attached to the car power, for example. I do not have problem of phone going to stand by, but it dims the screen instead.

While used in car it should not just keep screen lit but also allow screen to be adjusted to maximum brightness, regardless of system settings.

Hi;

you can select (below 'always on' in settings) if you want brightness/dim screen.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  pedja Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:17 am

i do that, but there is need to make OruxMaps act differently regarding if it is attached to external power source or not. Now, if I set it for use in a car it drains out batteries quickly when I am on bike. So, I have to reconfigure it frequently.

pedja

Cantidad de envíos : 111

Back to top Go down

Post  febs Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:43 pm

I recently discovered this thread after having asked for this - my bad, once again.
Still, I can feel the user pain.
I think that the option should possibly be more easy to access from the main map menu. Also, I could need to keep the screen on even if I am NOT recording a track, just navigating "freely".

So, a quick button that would enable or disable "always on screen" - would be great in my opinion.

sidenote - please also consider that I often log my tracks with an external GPS logger and I use Orux to navigate without recording even on it - so to save battery life. But it is only one use case.
Thanks!

febs

Cantidad de envíos : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down