OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Orux Maps is nothing other than perfect

Go down

Orux Maps is nothing other than perfect Empty Orux Maps is nothing other than perfect

Post  darkangel1004 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:58 pm

I have my Android phone for about two weeks now. I didn't need long to find Orux Maps.

Since then I created a map for my home location and for my holiday location next week, I uploaded two .gpx files from geocaching.com and imported these in Orux Maps and yesterday I found a cache with Orux Maps. Last week I also created a track on the way to my parents, about 60km.

The only thing I would like is offline navigation without GPS (if you are somewhere where you don't get a GPS signal but you would like to know where you are it's bad if Orux Maps must have an GPS location).

Thanks for the app.

DA

darkangel1004

Cantidad de envíos : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Orux Maps is nothing other than perfect Empty Re: Orux Maps is nothing other than perfect

Post  zmart on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:04 am

> The only thing I would like is offline navigation without GPS

Ah, you wish to drive a car without fuel ? Laughing
What do you think from where should a navigation software know its position ? Shocked

zmart

Cantidad de envíos : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Orux Maps is nothing other than perfect Empty Re: Orux Maps is nothing other than perfect

Post  darkangel1004 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:16 am

It could just take the last known position...
It's only my opinion that the search for a position shouldn't block the whole program. Until this is implemented, I have to use a second program.

darkangel1004

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zmart on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:04 am

And if you aren`t on the same position? It makes no sense. Also a navigation isn`t possible.
Use "Offline Maps", if you want to look around the maps or use in "online Maps" a special "fake GPS" app which simulate a GPS-fix and could be found in the market.

zmart

Cantidad de envíos : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  darkangel1004 on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Oh yeah, I'm installing waste on my mobile phone so that it has a behavior like an 10 year old computer. Thank you very much. A checkbox "use GPS" (verwende GPS) would have been better.

You can close this thread. I don't like anyone to be instructed to install these or those on whatever system he or she has.

darkangel1004

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  twoten on Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:11 pm

darkangel1004 wrote:Oh yeah, I'm installing waste on my mobile phone so that it has a behavior like an 10 year old computer. Thank you very much. A checkbox "use GPS" (verwende GPS) would have been better.

You can close this thread. I don't like anyone to be instructed to install these or those on whatever system he or she has.

There is a control to 'Start GPS' and 'Stop GPS' in the top menu.

twoten

Cantidad de envíos : 115

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum