OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potsdam Rauenberg DHDN in RMAP Format

2 posters

Go down

Potsdam Rauenberg DHDN in RMAP Format Empty Potsdam Rauenberg DHDN in RMAP Format

Post  Fabi Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:36 pm

Hello,

I have an issue with *.rmap files with Potsdam Rauenberg DHDN Datum.
When I add such a map, the map datum is correctly detected and displayed as above, but I'm prompted to select a custom Map Datum. Unfortunately Potsdam Rauenberg DHDN is not in the list.... Using the same map converted from Ozi format to ORUX sqlite using OruxDesktop works fine for small portions of the map.
I unfortunately cannot use OruxDesktop for the whole map, since it seems to have some problems with very large striped tiff/png maps.
(map is ~80000x80000px ~ 800MB tiff image)

Splitting the map into tiles and doing batch conversion works, but I want to avoid the MapChanges at the tile corners. Also handling different resolutions is quite easy in RMAP. The rmap file loads fine in Orux, but is somewhat off, due to the wrong Map Datum (depending on which user defined Datum I select...)

Any help appreciated.

Thank you for your wonderful app of course.

Regards,
Fabian

Fabi

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

Potsdam Rauenberg DHDN in RMAP Format Empty Re: Potsdam Rauenberg DHDN in RMAP Format

Post  orux Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:51 pm

Fabi wrote:Hello,

I have an issue with *.rmap files with Potsdam Rauenberg DHDN Datum.
When I add such a map, the map datum is correctly detected and displayed as above, but I'm prompted to select a custom Map Datum. Unfortunately Potsdam Rauenberg DHDN is not in the list.... Using the same map converted from Ozi format to ORUX sqlite using OruxDesktop works fine for small portions of the map.
I unfortunately cannot use OruxDesktop for the whole map, since it seems to have some problems with very large striped tiff/png maps.
(map is ~80000x80000px ~ 800MB tiff image)

Splitting the map into tiles and doing batch conversion works, but I want to avoid the MapChanges at the tile corners. Also handling different resolutions is quite easy in RMAP. The rmap file loads fine in Orux, but is somewhat off, due to the wrong Map Datum (depending on which user defined Datum I select...)

Any help appreciated.

Thank you for your wonderful app of course.

Regards,
Fabian

Hi, Fabian;

Wait next .10beta (today/tomorrow)-->http://www.oruxmaps.com/cs

Added Potsdam Rauenberg DHDN Datum to OruxMaps. You will be able to select that datum.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Potsdam Rauenberg DHDN in RMAP Format Empty Re: Potsdam Rauenberg DHDN in RMAP Format

Post  Fabi Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:55 pm

It seems the change didn't make it into the .10beta release?

Regards,
Fabian

Fabi

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:29 pm

Fabi wrote:It seems the change didn't make it into the .10beta release?

Regards,
Fabian

Hi, Fabian;

yes it is there, but the datum database is not updated.

Try with the 4.6.0 version, in the market.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Fabi Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:54 pm

Thank you,
Works like a charm with the 4.6.0 market version.

Regards,
Fabian

Fabi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down