OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New 2.1.0beta version (2.2.0 EN EL MARKET).

2 posters

Go down

New 2.1.0beta version (2.2.0 EN EL MARKET). Empty New 2.1.0beta version (2.2.0 EN EL MARKET).

Post  orux Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:03 am

Hello all;

2.2.0 IN THE MARKET

A new beta for testing, with new things, and other enhanced, possibly a lot for fix:)
----------------->OruxMaps2.1.4beta.apk<---------------------

NEW 2.1.4: a new dashboard:
New 2.1.0beta version (2.2.0 EN EL MARKET). Deviceb

The above component can be enabled/disabled in settings--user interface.

Volume buttons: zoom in/out.

Live tracking in MapMyTracks.com.
New 2.1.0beta version (2.2.0 EN EL MARKET). Pantallazon

If you go alone to a mountain (and there is coverage, of course) you can trace your route on this site. It's another option to upload your routes to a server.
1.-configure your account www.mapmytracks.com in settings - Map My Tracks. Configures the time between sending positioning data to the web.
2.-init TrackLogging mode.
3.-in menu - options select 'Live Track'
4.-choose the mode and type of activity.
The data is sent to MapMyTracks every xx seconds / minutes.
5.-to stop sending data, the reverse.

New cursor, an arrow, indicating your direction. Select it in the menu - options - map orientation.

Route button: If no route loaded into the viewer, when pressed, will show the .gpx / kml you have in the directory of tracks, allowing you to load them in the viewer. IMPORTANT: in this way, the gpx / kml is not saved in the database.

GPS accuracy indicator (a shadow, drawing a circle). Select it in 'settings', 'user interface'.

New ways to navigate: 'Waypoint Navigation'. Useful when you want to go to wpts (sailing, flying ,...)
Load the track containing the wpts, then push button 'route', select 'Navigation Wpt'. In the control panel will have three controls (one new) to help you: distance (straight line), estimated time of arrival and DIRECTION (new). When you're close to a wpt, OruxMaps automatically selects the next wpt (you can also do this manually, if you do not pass very near or want to skip one, using 'next wpt').

New control on the dashboard: Bearing (useful in wpt or geocaching navigation mode).

Area calculator (menu - options). Indicates the area enclosed by a track, or route. Joins the last point with the first to close the polygon. Does not work with tracks that cross (as of 8 ). Neither with very large maps (do not pretend to measure the area of a football field over the world map).
You can calculate the area defined by a set of wpts also:
1.-draw the wpts over the map.
2.-menu--tracks, select the current track (first on the list), select 'list of waypoints'
3.-in wpts list, menu--'load as a route'.
4.-now you already can measure the area enclosed.

Disabling autoloading maps using the zoom (menu - options).

Internal improvements in the recording of the routes.

Screen rotation improved.

You can adjust the font size of the waypoints.

NEW 2.1.2: The button 'save' has new role: GPS quick setup with three modes:
-> Default -> according to the settings of the application.
-> Fast -> saves a point every 5 meters and every 0 seconds. Useful for short duration sports such as running.
-> Power Save -> saves a point every 80 meters and every 30 seconds. Recommended when battery is low or very long-term activities.

Other ,.....

Last edited by orux on Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:55 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : updated 2.2.0 IN THE MARKET (no post it))
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

New 2.1.0beta version (2.2.0 EN EL MARKET). Empty Re: New 2.1.0beta version (2.2.0 EN EL MARKET).

Post  Jogger Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:19 am

I think I maybe found a bug with the gps accuracy circle: it does not seem to change when you zoom in or out.

also the cursor mode settings does not seem to stay. It revert back to default every time...

Jogger

Back to top Go down

New 2.1.0beta version (2.2.0 EN EL MARKET). Empty Re: New 2.1.0beta version (2.2.0 EN EL MARKET).

Post  orux Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:45 pm

Jogger wrote:I think I maybe found a bug with the gps accuracy circle: it does not seem to change when you zoom in or out.

also the cursor mode settings does not seem to stay. It revert back to default every time...

Thanks, Jogger;

solved in next version (I hope).

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

New 2.1.0beta version (2.2.0 EN EL MARKET). Empty Wonderful...

Post  marc Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:30 pm

Hi!

This new dashboard is wonderful!
Is there any way to disable the automatic track logging each time I set a waypoint navigation ?

Thank you.
Marc

marc

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:38 am

marc wrote:Hi!

This new dashboard is wonderful!
Is there any way to disable the automatic track logging each time I set a waypoint navigation ?

Thank you.
Marc

Hi, Marc;

Perhaps you should use 'Load in Map' instead 'Navigate to'.

In this way OruxMaps does not activate tracklogging mode. You can enable this option after.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Jogger Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the fix and the new dashboard. For the GPS accuracy circle, it is possible to make it more transparent? It's hard to see the map beneath it. It would be ideal if it is close to being completely transparent but with a more opaque boundary (similiar to the one in Google Maps).

It will also make more sense if it is drawn at the current location, not following the cursor (in follow mode) .

Thanks!

Jogger

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:23 pm

Jogger wrote:Hi,
Thanks for the fix and the new dashboard. For the GPS accuracy circle, it is possible to make it more transparent? It's hard to see the map beneath it. It would be ideal if it is close to being completely transparent but with a more opaque boundary (similiar to the one in Google Maps).

It will also make more sense if it is drawn at the current location, not following the cursor (in follow mode) .

Thanks!

Hi, Jogger;

A new circle, more transparent, will be added in current version.

And the other suggestion will be added in next version.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Replay Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:54 pm

When I track a route live, does it save my track online to replay later?

Replay

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:35 pm

Replay wrote:When I track a route live, does it save my track online to replay later?

The track is saved in your sdcard (tracks database) and is sent to mapmytracks server.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down