OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After creating maps with MOBAC I only get empty tiles

2 posters

Go down

After creating maps with MOBAC I only get empty tiles Empty After creating maps with MOBAC I only get empty tiles

Post  tomseitz Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:55 pm

Hello all,
I dare to say I am a quite experienced Orux-, MOBAC and Computer-User, and I also managed earlier, what I cannot do any more. So I think, its only a setting in my computer. The problem:

I create an offline map with MOBAC (Sqlite), copy it into my mapfiles directory on the mobile device and open it in ORUX. All I see are empty tiles, only now and then there is one correctly loaded tile visible.
However, when offline, MOBAC shows the correct maps, so in the tile store they are stored correctly.

I am using Win7pro, MOBAC 1.8, 1.9 and 1.9.5 (all the same problem), have updated Java to 6.31 (maybe this is the problem?) and tried with different mapservers (Mapnik, Mapquest). Tilesize Setting in MOBAC maximum (Also tried 32..., but did not work). No relation to zoom levels (tried different). Big amount of offline MAps on SD-Card, ca 4 GB (maybe too many?).
Within a virtual XP-Machine everything works as I am used to. So maybe a SQlite-problem? Could I reset/solve that?

With lots of hope for help,
Tom

tomseitz

Cantidad de envíos : 11

Back to top Go down

After creating maps with MOBAC I only get empty tiles Empty Re: After creating maps with MOBAC I only get empty tiles

Post  orux Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:43 pm

tomseitz wrote:Hello all,
I dare to say I am a quite experienced Orux-, MOBAC and Computer-User, and I also managed earlier, what I cannot do any more. So I think, its only a setting in my computer. The problem:

I create an offline map with MOBAC (Sqlite), copy it into my mapfiles directory on the mobile device and open it in ORUX. All I see are empty tiles, only now and then there is one correctly loaded tile visible.
However, when offline, MOBAC shows the correct maps, so in the tile store they are stored correctly.

I am using Win7pro, MOBAC 1.8, 1.9 and 1.9.5 (all the same problem), have updated Java to 6.31 (maybe this is the problem?) and tried with different mapservers (Mapnik, Mapquest). Tilesize Setting in MOBAC maximum (Also tried 32..., but did not work). No relation to zoom levels (tried different). Big amount of offline MAps on SD-Card, ca 4 GB (maybe too many?).
Within a virtual XP-Machine everything works as I am used to. So maybe a SQlite-problem? Could I reset/solve that?

With lots of hope for help,
Tom

Hi, Tom;

Build a small map, with few tiles, then send to -->oruxuro@gmail.com

I have no experience with Windows, but there is a similar problem with Linux + sun jvm 64 bits + jai-Iotools.

I have to change to openjdk jvm if I want to build mobac maps.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

After creating maps with MOBAC I only get empty tiles Empty Re: After creating maps with MOBAC I only get empty tiles

Post  tomseitz Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:19 pm

Thank you Orux!
It was the java machine!
After deinstalling, removing, deleting, etc. everything of Oracle/Sun (dont forget registry and folders in AppData...!) on my computer I reinstalled just the jdk (java development kit, which includes the JRE/JVM), version 6.31 and it worked. The test-mapfile is OK and I am presently trying a bigger map to check.
Many thanks,
Tom
Edit: Big Map (1GB!) also works without error now!

Last edited by tomseitz on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : completion of results)

tomseitz

Cantidad de envíos : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down