OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need to install map of Cuba for OruxMaps, how?

2 posters

Go down

Need to install map of Cuba for OruxMaps, how? Empty Need to install map of Cuba for OruxMaps, how?

Post  MvdL79 Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:20 am

Hi guys...

I am new to OruxMaps, so I was wondering if someone can tell me how I can create a map of Cuba so it's compatible with OruxMaps and can be used when I am going on vacation there.

Can someone please tell me how I can do this???

MvdL79

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down

Need to install map of Cuba for OruxMaps, how? Empty Re: Need to install map of Cuba for OruxMaps, how?

Post  MvdL79 Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:02 am

* bump *

MvdL79

Back to top Go down

Need to install map of Cuba for OruxMaps, how? Empty Re: Need to install map of Cuba for OruxMaps, how?

Post  barte Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:36 pm

OpenStreetMap includes maps of Cuba. Those are installed on OruxMaps the same way as all maps are. Check out the manual and online documentation.

barte

Cantidad de envíos : 57

Back to top Go down

Post  MvdL79 Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:28 pm

Thanks for the reply back.

I have read several tutorials, several times. I understand everything a bit better now.

Currently I am trying to create a map using Mobile Atlas Creator and selecting "OpenStreetMap MapQuest" along with OruxMaps Sqlite.
However whenever I try to select Cuba completely as map, I am getting to many tiles error. Sad

The message I am getting is "Atlas download prohibited" ...bla...bla... Maximum allowed tiles: 500. Currently selected tiles: 890.
I already tried selecting less and lowering the zoom values a lot (instead of 18, 17. I have only selected 16 through Cool.

Any ideas what I can do now?

Please advice. I cannot seem to find anything on this problem, nor in the manuals, nor with Google... Sad

MvdL79

Back to top Go down

Post  barte Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:22 pm

You might try downloading, say, Havana at a higher layer--where you need the detail. And, separately, the rest of the island, or wherever you know you'll be, at a lower layer. OruxMaps doesn't need everything in one download. Once you are in Cuba, you can, at any time, look to see what maps are resident on your device for the location you're at. And before you go, try it experimentally with a few tiles at home so that you feel comfortable this will work.

It's worth noting that OSM is a volunteer project (like Wikipedia)--so the data is not complete. You may find that some areas have remarkably good coverage; others are just a place name or not even that.

barte

Back to top Go down

Post  MvdL79 Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:01 am

Thanks for the reply. I was already thinking about splitting up the map by creating Cuba East and Cuba West. I need the complete island, because we are going to do some traveling from east to west (or vice versa).

Anyways thanks for your input. I will see if I can make it work.

MvdL79

Back to top Go down

Post  barte Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:53 pm

Have a good trip. I'd be interested in how well this all works in the field if you'd care to post it here on your return.

barte

Back to top Go down

Post  MvdL79 Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:03 am

If I generate seperate map sections, would it be possible to merge them?

MvdL79

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down