OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Download Map Tiles for North American Mountain Ranges

Go down

Download Map Tiles for North American Mountain Ranges Empty Download Map Tiles for North American Mountain Ranges

Post  cbatstone on Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:23 pm

I’ve compiled a handful of high resolution Earth and Terrain maps of popular areas that you can download and load directly onto your phone. The areas were chosen as some of the best backcountry skiing locations in the US and Canada which are also popular hiking and camping spots in the summer months.

We all know that map sources are becoming harder to come by, and products like Mobile Atlas Creator are being restricted from including the best sources in their configuration scripts. By sharing our pre-downloaded regional maps we can reduce the load on these servers by offering our map files for others to use.

Terrain and Earth options available for many of the areas I have compiled. Maps are free to download and use and were created in MOBAC for OruxMaps. Some of the areas available for download include...

East Coast US:
Sugarloaf
Canon
Jay Peak
Stowe
Smugglers Notch
Killington

West Coast US:
Vancouver
Lake Tahoe
Steamboat Springs
Telluride
Mount Hood
Brider Bowl
Snowbird
Alta
Teton Mountain Range

For more information or to download tile sets visit ThirtyThree.org/OfflineMaps

Download Map Tiles for North American Mountain Ranges Logo_header_desc

Last edited by orux on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PostIt (orux))

cbatstone

Cantidad de envíos : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Download Map Tiles for North American Mountain Ranges Empty Re: Download Map Tiles for North American Mountain Ranges

Post  orux on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:30 am

cbatstone wrote:I’ve compiled a handful of high resolution Earth and Terrain maps of popular areas that you can download and load directly onto your phone. The areas were chosen as some of the best backcountry skiing locations in the US and Canada which are also popular hiking and camping spots in the summer months.

We all know that map sources are becoming harder to come by, and products like Mobile Atlas Creator are being restricted from including the best sources in their configuration scripts. By sharing our pre-downloaded regional maps we can reduce the load on these servers by offering our map files for others to use.

Terrain and Earth options available for many of the areas I have compiled. Maps are free to download and use and were created in MOBAC for OruxMaps. Some of the areas available for download include...

East Coast US:
Sugarloaf
Canon
Jay Peak
Stowe
Smugglers Notch
Killington

West Coast US:
Vancouver
Lake Tahoe
Steamboat Springs
Telluride
Mount Hood
Brider Bowl
Snowbird
Alta
Teton Mountain Range

For more information or to download tile sets visit ThirtyThree.org/OfflineMaps

Download Map Tiles for North American Mountain Ranges Logo_header_desc

Hi;

Thanks for your help!

orux

orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Download Map Tiles for North American Mountain Ranges Empty Maps are no longer available

Post  steed on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:44 pm

The site says:
Unfortunately (or fortunately), I reailzed this website was in violation of the terms of service of the map sources that were used to create the offline maps. I cannot distribute maps that I access myself even if I do not charge for them. It is becoming much harder to obtain offline maps these days and my efforts were simply trying to help the community as well as reduce the load on the servers which host the map sources. I will have to suspend the operations of this site effective immediately.
Given that, perhaps this thread should no longer be sticky Sad

steed

Cantidad de envíos : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Download Map Tiles for North American Mountain Ranges Empty Re: Download Map Tiles for North American Mountain Ranges

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down