OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Georeferencing in Google Earth and kml to pgw

Go down

Georeferencing in Google Earth and kml to pgw Empty Georeferencing in Google Earth and kml to pgw

Post  knappmiller Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:42 am

I have a number of topomaps that I have georeferenced in Google Earth and they work fine in CustomMaps, but I wanted to bring them into Oruxmaps. I used Worldfiletool_0_3_6 to convert the KML to the PNG world file to create the Orux map. Unfortunately they are all off about 1 km or more to the northwest after all is said and done. I was hoping to use the Mapcalibrator in Oruxmaps to fix this, but that just mangled everything requiring a restart of Oruxmaps. Once I clicked the Ok it took me out to the world map and would not let me zoom in. I checked all of the map corner points in the Desktop manually against the locations in Google Earth after using the pgw as the basis, and the points in the Oruxmaps Destop are very close, much closer than the result. I used the Desktop successfully for a 100k topo that had a .map file that came with it and it worked fine. There was also a 24k map from the same source that was off by a few hundred meters. But my pngs and the kml georeference are very close (to less than 10m) but somehow the conversion to the Oruxmap is going very wrong. I am using the latest version of the Desktop and Oruxmaps and have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.

knappmiller

Cantidad de envíos : 9

Back to top Go down

Georeferencing in Google Earth and kml to pgw Empty Png and Pgw of usTopo perfect in uDig

Post  knappmiller Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:21 am

Just as a test to make sure that the pgw produced from the kml was good I opened it in uDig and verified that the corners of the map, which in the usTopo map had the coordinates actually on the image, were exactly right. They were. So the georeferencing was fine. It was the OruxMapsDesktop conversion that seems to be slightly messed up.

knappmiller

Back to top Go down

Georeferencing in Google Earth and kml to pgw Empty okmap works fine

Post  knappmiller Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:10 am

After seeing the Okmap info scrolling across the top of the Oruxmaps web page I checked it out and downloaded and installed it. I used the same pgw/png file that I could test easily (ie turn on the GPS and it is where I am sitting right now on the map correctly rather than 1 km away like the OruxMapsDesktop created map put me at) and it works fine. Okmap seems like a bit of overkill if you just want to do this, but it does work right and its additional capability will probably come in handy.

knappmiller

Back to top Go down

Georeferencing in Google Earth and kml to pgw Empty Re: Georeferencing in Google Earth and kml to pgw

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down