OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speed displays always xx.99 km/h

3 posters

Go down

Speed displays always xx.99 km/h Empty Speed displays always xx.99 km/h

Post  starbright Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:18 pm

is there any reason, why the speed is always shown with "xx.99" ?

starbright

Cantidad de envíos : 21

Back to top Go down

Speed displays always xx.99 km/h Empty Re: Speed displays always xx.99 km/h

Post  GuustFlater Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:47 pm

starbright wrote:is there any reason, why the speed is always shown with "xx.99" ?

This is still the case in the most recent Donate version. I think km/h without decimals will be fine Very Happy . Orux, can you explain why this 2 digits behind the decimal separator? confused

GuustFlater

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:00 pm

GuustFlater wrote:
starbright wrote:is there any reason, why the speed is always shown with "xx.99" ?

This is still the case in the most recent Donate version. I think km/h without decimals will be fine Very Happy . Orux, can you explain why this 2 digits behind the decimal separator? confused

Hi;

My devices reports speeds from xx.00 to xx.99 (4.34, 4, 56,.....).

Your device and android version?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  GuustFlater Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:20 pm

Hi Orux,

I have a Motorola Defy running on Android 4.1.2 (CM10). When I start walking I see 1.00 - 2.00 - 2.99 - 4.00 etc. I don't know why. For me two decimals is too much, because I don't think this is really that accurate (position jumping will have more influence). For me it would be great if we could set the number of decimals (0, 1, 2 decimals) somewhere in settings (for display purposes only). Now when it displays 2.99 I can't hardly see the .99 (when walking slowly, so I assume it is 2 km/h, although it is  in fact 3 km/h). BTW, GPS Tuner displays only 1 decimal (upto 10 km/h).albino

Is there any possibility to check the "raw" data from the gps? I'm wondering if the .00 or .99 does come from the gps (in combination with android drivers) or might be a result from some strange round off in OruxMaps?

Are there other people seeing this? Today I had 77.99 - 79 - 77.99 - 77 - 75.99 while driving.

Last edited by GuustFlater on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional questions)

GuustFlater

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down