OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW VERSION 1.1.0 BETA [UPDATED TO 1.1.4BETA]

2 posters

Go down

NEW VERSION 1.1.0 BETA [UPDATED TO 1.1.4BETA] Empty NEW VERSION 1.1.0 BETA [UPDATED TO 1.1.4BETA]

Post  orux Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:14 pm

Hello everyone;

There is a 1.1.0beta 1.1.1BETA 1.1.4beta (I HOPE, FINAL VERSION) downloadable version of OruxMaps. I'd like you to try it before I upload it to the market, since it incorporates important changes.

http://oruxmaps.x10hosting.com/OruxMaps1.1.1beta.apk

http://oruxmaps.x10hosting.com/OruxMaps1.1.4beta.apk

To install the. Apk:
1.-Copy OruxMaps1.1.4beta.apk in sd.
2.-Use an Application manager (I use ApkInstaller; it is free) to install OruxMaps1.1.4beta
3.-IMPORTANT: After testing, in 2-3 days, uninstall it and return to the market version (1.0.0).

If you find a bug, or it works fine, please, I need your comments on the forum.

Changes that incorporates:

- Auto load maps: (NEW IN VERSION 1.1.4BETA, AUTOLOAD THE MAP IN GREATER DETAIL, IN EACH POINT) Both doing "finger scrolling" on the map, such as through GPS signal (tracking mode), if you leave margin of the map, the application looks for a map at that point. If there are several possible,OruxMaps will ask you which map you want to open. Waypoints, routes and Tracks are sent to the new map.
In preferences you can disable this option (auto-loading of maps).
If, when you get out of the margins of a map, it finds none, the application disables "Auto Load Maps". This is to avoid expensive calculations to be done to discover whether there is a map on the specific point where you are. To reactivate the functionality of "self-loading of maps", there is a button on the menu.

- Now OruxMaps reads calibration files faster.

- Center the map: In the menu appears this new option, which leads to the center of the map. Useful when you move out of the margins and you want to return to the map.

- When you load a route, the map moves to the starting point of the same, you do not have to search manually.

- From the map viewer (menu option) you can manually load another map. Everything we have in the old map, will appear over the new one (routes, waypoints, tracks).

- Most important, though not visible: OruxMaps uses a more accurate model to represent maps from UTM and Mercator projections (and Swiss Grid), which means greater accuracy, especially in large maps. I will gradually adding support to other projections.

- Kml file support. It Allows export routes as KML files. For now only exports, can not read routes in this format (soon will). So always exports gpx format and optionally (configurable in preferences) in kml format.

- Can be configured to do not turn off the screen when recording a route. Beware of the battery in this mode!!

- When recording a route, if Android enters in sleep mode, you can configure it (preferences) so that the LED flashes to remind us that we are in that mode.

- Warning when opening a map calibrated only with OruxMapsConverter. OruxMapsConverter2 uses a more advanced form of calibration.

orux,

Last edited by orux on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:20 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : UPDATED BETA TO V1.1.4)
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

NEW VERSION 1.1.0 BETA [UPDATED TO 1.1.4BETA] Empty Re: NEW VERSION 1.1.0 BETA [UPDATED TO 1.1.4BETA]

Post  Pedro Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:58 am

do we need to uninstall the older version first or can we just install the newer one over the existing?

Don't know, how this should be on a Android device ...

Pedro

Cantidad de envíos : 32

Back to top Go down

NEW VERSION 1.1.0 BETA [UPDATED TO 1.1.4BETA] Empty Re: NEW VERSION 1.1.0 BETA [UPDATED TO 1.1.4BETA]

Post  orux Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:05 pm

Pedro wrote:do we need to uninstall the older version first or can we just install the newer one over the existing?

Don't know, how this should be on a Android device ...

Both should work.

To uninstall-->settings, applications, manage applications.

To install from sd card--> use an application manager, like ApkInstaller.

Orux.
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

NEW VERSION 1.1.0 BETA [UPDATED TO 1.1.4BETA] Empty Missing Version in 'About'

Post  Pedro Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:45 am

Would it be possible, to put it somewhere? I made a restore and wasn't shure, which version was installed after the restore ...

Just kidding, I missed the AutoLoadMap immediately Cool

Pedro

Cantidad de envíos : 32

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:40 am

Pedro wrote:Would it be possible, to put it somewhere? I made a restore and wasn't shure, which version was installed after the restore ...

Just kidding, I missed the AutoLoadMap immediately Cool

You are right, Smile

I will put the version in "About".

While, you can see the version with AppManager. It is a good application manager.

orux,
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

NEW VERSION 1.1.0 BETA [UPDATED TO 1.1.4BETA] Empty UPDATED BETA TO 1.1.4BETA

Post  orux Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:39 pm

Hi all,

I have updated (see first post) beta version to 1.1.4beta.

I hope this will be the last beta version.

Thanks,

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down