OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Version 5 just gets better - any chance of an extra decimal place?

Go down

Version 5 just gets better - any chance of an extra decimal place? Empty Version 5 just gets better - any chance of an extra decimal place?

Post  palatkik Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:09 am

I was a bit surprised to see ver 5 looking so radically different but I have relearned it fairly swiftly and like it even more - well done. (A personal viewpoint - I don't care much for the garish red color look and feel, much more liked the old green - but whatever!)

One thing I would love - not sure if possible to display GPS position on 3D view with the DEM enabled? Perhaps not easy to do?

More simply I would love the display of distance to include 1 more decimal place. I often like to measure down to the meter, rather than nearest 10 meters, though I accept GPS is not so accurate. Even with GPS off my distance ruler only displays 0.00km instead of 0.000km as I would like.

My Samsung GPS/GLONASS device always seems to get fix within 3-5 meters from my established GPS control survey monuments.

palatkik

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

Version 5 just gets better - any chance of an extra decimal place? Empty Re: Version 5 just gets better - any chance of an extra decimal place?

Post  palatkik Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:01 am

Apologies for confusion I may have caused on the decimal place issue. I finally noticed the settings option to switch from km to m!

This great software is so full of options it takes a while to find my way around....

palatkik

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down