OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offline Maps not showing KML tracks correctly

2 posters

Go down

Offline Maps not showing KML tracks correctly Empty Offline Maps not showing KML tracks correctly

Post  sparkysshocker Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:14 pm

I am new Orux and here is my problem.

I have a KML tracks file that I loaded into Orux and was pleasantly pleased that it displayed perfectly. So I went and created offline files for the area that the track is on since I will be in Baja. Once done with the offline maps I loaded the KML overlay onto them and was disappointed with what I saw it appears that the map is shifted to the south so the KML overlay shows to the north of the actual roads and trails it should follow.

Any Solutions to this problem, I read about calibration but did not know if that is what I need to do. I created the offline maps from with in that app (side note: is there a specific reason we cant to more than 500mb sized map from tha app?)

I have attached screen shots of the online and offline map/kml differences.

Online vs Offline
Offline Maps not showing KML tracks correctly Screenshot2013012410240Offline Maps not showing KML tracks correctly Screenshot2013012410025

Last edited by sparkysshocker on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

sparkysshocker

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

Offline Maps not showing KML tracks correctly Empty Re: Offline Maps not showing KML tracks correctly

Post  orux Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:13 pm

sparkysshocker wrote:I am new Orux and here is my problem.

I have a KML tracks file that I loaded into Orux and was pleasantly pleased that it displayed perfectly. So I went and created offline files for the area that the track is on since I will be in Baja. Once done with the offline maps I loaded the KML overlay onto them and was disappointed with what I saw it appears that the map is shifted to the west so the KML over lay shows to the east of the actual roads and trails it should follow.

Any Solutions to this problem, I read about calibration but did not know if that is what I need to do. I created the offline maps from with in that app (side note: is there a specific reason we cant to more than 500mb sized map from tha app?)

I have attached screen shots of the online and offline map/kml differences.

Online vs Offline

Hi, thanks;

Could you send the kml for testing? -->oruxuro@gmail.com

What online map did you use to create the map online?

Could you send the file .otrk2.xml of the incorrect offline map?

No allowed to download larger maps to avoid collapse map servers. OruxMaps is not the right tool for download large maps, better use a PC tool, like MOBAC.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Offline Maps not showing KML tracks correctly Empty Re: Offline Maps not showing KML tracks correctly

Post  sparkysshocker Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:27 pm

I just emailed you the files requested. I used Google maps to create the KML and Google Earth to create KMZ because the KML would not load in Orux but the KMZ did. Let me know if you want the original Google Maps KML.

Also the map used for online and offline is the Google Hybrid Map

sparkysshocker

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkysshocker Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:29 pm

Thanks for your email reply, after I decided to go in and check my other offline maps (parts 3&4) they seemed to be fine so I am remaking parts 1 &2 in smaller sections

sparkysshocker

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkysshocker Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:57 pm

Thank you Orux for your help I figured out the issues was with having a download cancel and the restarting the download. Restarting the download for some reason would download a new tile of a partially downloaded tile and would throw the whole map off in relation to lat/long cords. Redownloaded all maps and all is good.

sparkysshocker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down