OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Routing possible?

Go down

Routing possible? Empty Routing possible?

Post  Uli Tue May 18, 2010 1:53 pm

This programm is so wonderful, has a good handling and maps are easily to get. But there is a point, I do not manage: Routing.
An example: I see a point on the map where I want to go to. I create a waypoint there. In the menue "waypoints" I see it. I click "Navigate to" but nothing happens. At least I would like to see an arrow towards the waypoint. Did I do something wrong?
Every year I am some days alone hiking in the alps. Orientation with the maps gives me the security. Thanks!! Routing would just be "nice to have".

Uli

Back to top Go down

Routing possible? Empty Re: Routing possible?

Post  orux Wed May 19, 2010 3:16 pm

Uli wrote:This programm is so wonderful, has a good handling and maps are easily to get. But there is a point, I do not manage: Routing.
An example: I see a point on the map where I want to go to. I create a waypoint there. In the menue "waypoints" I see it. I click "Navigate to" but nothing happens. At least I would like to see an arrow towards the waypoint. Did I do something wrong?
Every year I am some days alone hiking in the alps. Orientation with the maps gives me the security. Thanks!! Routing would just be "nice to have".

Hi, Uli;

'Waypoint navigation' shows you new information when recording a track: ETA, distance to next wpt,... but does not show an arrow to destination (working with this for next version).

Meanwhile you can use geocache feature:

menu--waypoints;
select one wpt, 'load in map'.
onscreen button to see wpt list (route). Select Cache!.

In geocache mode a blue arrow will show the direction to the wpt.

Routing possible? Devicev

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down