OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GARMIN settings - Bug or No Bug?

2 posters

Go down

GARMIN settings - Bug or No Bug? Empty GARMIN settings - Bug or No Bug?

Post  nurembergueso Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:41 pm

Hi,

I loaded a map from www.wanderreitkarte.de as a Garmin file. First of all it is well displayed in the map viewer, although the map won't become a favourite.

Then I tested the different Garmin maps settings. Thereby I noticed that after every change of settings (Showing/hiding labels, changing font size) a restart of OM has to be done, that new settings can take effect.

I didn't find a notice in the manual that this would be necessary? Therefore the question: Bug or no bug?

Kind regards

nurembergueso

Cantidad de envíos : 14

Back to top Go down

GARMIN settings - Bug or No Bug? Empty Re: GARMIN settings - Bug or No Bug?

Post  orux Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:23 pm

nurembergueso wrote:Hi,

I loaded a map from www.wanderreitkarte.de as a Garmin file. First of all it is well displayed in the map viewer, although the map won't become a favourite.

Then I tested the different Garmin maps settings. Thereby I noticed that after every change of settings (Showing/hiding labels, changing font size) a restart of OM has to be done, that new settings can take effect.

I didn't find a notice in the manual that this would be necessary? Therefore the question: Bug or no bug?

Kind regards

Hi;

The changes should be applied to the next loaded (garmin) map, you do not need to restart OM,

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  nurembergueso Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:33 pm

The changes should be applied to the next loaded (garmin) map, you do not need to restart OM,

orux
Hi,

you are right. Loading a new map leads to new settings.

But it must not be the same map!

If I only have one Garmin map at present, I have to unload it, i. e. load another map's format and then reload the Garmin map to see the effects. A bit curious und cumbersome, isn't it?

MB

nurembergueso

Cantidad de envíos : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down