OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Import of some Swedish BSB charts

2 posters

Go down

Import of some Swedish BSB charts Empty Import of some Swedish BSB charts

Post  Geiserik Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:27 am

I have taken some Swedish BSB-charts and converted them to .map-files and .png with Ozi-explorer and bsb2png. Some questions:

1. I get a message: "Can't find image file..." Where shall I put the image file to avoid this message? Or do I have to always select the Image file "manually"?

2. After loading the image file I get a dialog message about coordinates (Transverse Mercator). Am I supposed to change anything or are the filled-in values OK?

3. At end of conversion I get an alert, "Image compression not supported. Used default values." What does that mean? The png-image seems ok anyway. I get no message for jpg, but much bigger files.

4. If i try Batch Converter (to save some time), I get following message line for each map: "Failed:C:\downloads\Navigation\android\png map\611_1 - 611 Arholma-Furusund.map Imagen no leida!!!!" What does "Imagen no leida" means? Can I use Batch Converter for ozi-explorer-converted files?

Thanks for a very good program!

Geiserik

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Import of some Swedish BSB charts Empty Re: Import of some Swedish BSB charts

Post  orux Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:13 pm

Geiserik wrote:I have taken some Swedish BSB-charts and converted them to .map-files and .png with Ozi-explorer and bsb2png. Some questions:

1. I get a message: "Can't find image file..." Where shall I put the image file to avoid this message? Or do I have to always select the Image file "manually"?

Hi;

Open a .map file; the image must be there (where your .map says, with the same name):

OziExplorer Map Data File Version 2.2
Mt Kosciusco
C:\GPSedit\maps\8525-S.jpg
1 ,Map Code,
WGS 84,, 0.0000, 0.0000,WGS 84

If not, OruxMapsDesktop can not find it and can not calibrate the map.

Geiserik wrote:
2. After loading the image file I get a dialog message about coordinates (Transverse Mercator). Am I supposed to change anything or are the filled-in values OK?

should be correct.

Geiserik wrote:
3. At end of conversion I get an alert, "Image compression not supported. Used default values." What does that mean? The png-image seems ok anyway. I get no message for jpg, but much bigger files.

If you do not have installed jai-imageio tools in your jvm, you can not use some image formats.
https://jai-imageio.dev.java.net/binary-builds.html

Geiserik wrote:
4. If i try Batch Converter (to save some time), I get following message line for each map: "Failed:C:\downloads\Navigation\android\png map\611_1 - 611 Arholma-Furusund.map Imagen no leida!!!!" What does "Imagen no leida" means? Can I use Batch Converter for ozi-explorer-converted files?

Batch conversion can not work if OruxMapsDesktop can not find the image files.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Zacke Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:17 pm

Hallå Geiserik, fick du det att fungera?
Jag har (tror jag) installerat jai tools men den gnäller fortfarande om att den inte hittar bilder.

Zacke

Back to top Go down

Post  Zacke Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:12 am

Did not get the PNG's to work. Although converting the PNG's to JPG and then manually changing the .map file image reference from .ocfx3 to .JPG allowed me to do a batch conversion (did not try this with the PNG's, although they did not convert as single map either). Some of the maps needed manual fixing and required single conversion. But this seems to work like intended on my phone.
How big of a difference is there in size between a JPG and PNG conversion? Is there enough of a difference to warrant further investigations as to why my PNG conversion failed?

Zacke

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:29 pm

Zacke wrote:Did not get the PNG's to work. Although converting the PNG's to JPG and then manually changing the .map file image reference from .ocfx3 to .JPG allowed me to do a batch conversion (did not try this with the PNG's, although they did not convert as single map either). Some of the maps needed manual fixing and required single conversion. But this seems to work like intended on my phone.
How big of a difference is there in size between a JPG and PNG conversion? Is there enough of a difference to warrant further investigations as to why my PNG conversion failed?

Hi, zacke;

Could you send me one not working .map + png files?

oruxuro@gmail.com

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down