OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Button for switching between different map orientations

5 posters

Go down

Button for switching between different map orientations Empty Button for switching between different map orientations

Post  bikefrog Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:14 am

I use OruxMaps as bike-navi. When I am following a route I set the "map orientation" on "Direction up (GPS)". That works fine. But I have the following problem: when it happens that I stop at a crossing, the orientation of the map starts to change after a while, because there is no more direction of move from the GPS. In this situation I often loose controll about the orientation of the map. The way to solve the problem is to go to "Settings - Maps - Map orientation" and switch from "Direction up (GPS)" to "Normal". Now the map is stable with North up and confusion is gone. After deciding, where to go and moving forward again, I have to to go to "Settings - Maps - Map orientation" once more and switch from "Normal" to "Direction up (GPS)". This is possible, but complicated and time-consuming.

My wish would be a shortcut-button for direct opening of the menue-point "Map orientation" or, may be even better, a Button that works as a toggle-switch between two map-orientations, that could be programmed in the settings.

Thank You
George

bikefrog

Cantidad de envíos : 7

Back to top Go down

Button for switching between different map orientations Empty Re: Button for switching between different map orientations

Post  mhoff Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:49 pm

+1 for me too please

mhoff

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down

Button for switching between different map orientations Empty Re: Button for switching between different map orientations

Post  fabrylama Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:04 pm

+1

fabrylama

Cantidad de envíos : 96

Back to top Go down

Button for switching between different map orientations Empty +1

Post  valleyofdawn Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:44 pm

In some maps I've seen pressing the compass icon toggles this.

valleyofdawn

Cantidad de envíos : 23

Back to top Go down

Button for switching between different map orientations Empty Button for changing Map Orientation

Post  bikefrog Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:14 pm

Dear Orux,

I would like to repeat my wish for a programmable button that changes between two different choosable map orientations. I just came back from a 1300 km bike-trip, using OruxMaps for navigation. Programm worked very good. Thank You for Your excellent work. But I didn't count how often I had to switch between the two map orientations "Direction up (GPS)" and "Normal" to stay orientated. Every time the programm has no more Information about moving-direction the orientation "Direction up (GPS)" is not usable any more and I had to switch to "Normal". I think I did the switching at least 10-15 times a day back and forth. I really missed that shortcut-button.

Another complementary idea would be to give the user a sign on the display, which map orientation is active. I could imagine, that the colour of the compass-symbol could change as a function of choosen map orientation (e.g. red="Normal", blue="Direction up (GPS)" and so on).

By the way: I couldn't find a difference between "Normal" and "Map North Up". On my machine (Galaxy 2S) both orientations show north up.

Thank You
George

p.s The suggestion from valleyofdawn didn't work on my machine and with my maps. But to use a press on the compass-symbol to toggle between two different (in the settings pre-choosen) map-orientations sounds good to me.

Last edited by bikefrog on Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)

bikefrog

Cantidad de envíos : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  donpro Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:20 pm

+1

donpro

Cantidad de envíos : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down