OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Town and village names not shown on mapsforge vector map

2 posters

Go down

Town and village names not shown on mapsforge vector map Empty Town and village names not shown on mapsforge vector map

Post  borish Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:07 am

If I use http://download.mapsforge.org/maps/europe/germany/sachsen.map or http://www.openandromaps.org/maps/Germany/sachsen.zip, the names of some places are not shown.

With the latter map and no stylesheet, the name of the

• town "Bad Schandau" in Saxony, Germany is not shown at zoom levels 10 - 13 and 15, 17.
  • village "Waltersdorf" in Saxony, Germany is not shown at zoom levels 14 - 16

I checked at the OSM website, but not in the map itself, that these places are correctly labeled.

If I use my own stylesheet that contains
Code:

<!-- place -->
                <rule e="node" k="place" v="*">
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="country" zoom-max="6">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="25" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="city" zoom-max="11">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="21" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="town" zoom-min="10" zoom-max="11">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="14" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>

<rule e="node" k="place" v="city" zoom-min="12" zoom-max="14">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="25" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="town" zoom-min="12">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="18" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="suburb" zoom-min="13">
                                <caption k="name" font-size="13" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="village" zoom-min="12">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="13" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="island" zoom-min="10">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="20" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                </rule>
then the name of the

• town "Bad Schandau" in Saxony, Germany is only shown at zoom level 14
  • village "Waltersdorf" in Saxony, Germany is not shown at zoom levels 12, 14, 16
  • village "Kurort Rathen" in Saxony, Germany is not shown at zoom levels 12, 15 - 17

According to my stylesheet, these places should be shown on all zoom levels >= 12.

borish

Cantidad de envíos : 7

Back to top Go down

Town and village names not shown on mapsforge vector map Empty Re: Town and village names not shown on mapsforge vector map

Post  orux Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:55 pm

borish wrote:If I use http://download.mapsforge.org/maps/europe/germany/sachsen.map or http://www.openandromaps.org/maps/Germany/sachsen.zip, the names of some places are not shown.

With the latter map and no stylesheet, the name of the

• town "Bad Schandau" in Saxony, Germany is not shown at zoom levels 10 - 13 and 15, 17.
  • village "Waltersdorf" in Saxony, Germany is not shown at zoom levels 14 - 16

I checked at the OSM website, but not in the map itself, that these places are correctly labeled.

If I use my own stylesheet that contains
Code:

<!-- place -->
                <rule e="node" k="place" v="*">
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="country" zoom-max="6">
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="city" zoom-max="11">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="21" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="town" zoom-min="10" zoom-max="11">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="14" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>

<rule e="node" k="place" v="city" zoom-min="12" zoom-max="14">
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="town" zoom-min="12">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="18" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="suburb" zoom-min="13">
                                <caption k="name" font-size="13" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="village" zoom-min="12">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="13" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="island" zoom-min="10">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="20" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                </rule>
then the name of the

• town "Bad Schandau" in Saxony, Germany is only shown at zoom level 14
  • village "Waltersdorf" in Saxony, Germany is not shown at zoom levels 12, 14, 16
  • village "Kurort Rathen" in Saxony, Germany is not shown at zoom levels 12, 15 - 17

According to my stylesheet, these places should be shown on all zoom levels >= 12.

Hi;

Sorry, but OruxMaps does not paint the map; this work is done by mapsforge library. It is a transparent process to the application. It must be a problem with the library, or the style definition file. Have you tried if it works in other applications?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Town and village names not shown on mapsforge vector map Empty Re: Town and village names not shown on mapsforge vector map

Post  borish Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:51 pm

orux wrote:
Sorry, but OruxMaps does not paint the map; this work is done by mapsforge library. It is a transparent process to the application. It must be a problem with the library, or the style definition file. Have you tried if it works in other applications?
orux
I've tried it with AdvancedMapViewer-0.3.1, which also shows some weird bugs. However, AdvancedMapViewer doesn't show the zoom level and I don't know what stylesheet it uses internally.

I open issue http://code.google.com/p/mapsforge/issues/detail?id=448. Since this issue is related to Oruxmaps, it will help the mapsforge developers if you also track this issue.

borish

Cantidad de envíos : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down