OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orux doesn't recognize imported maps

2 posters

Go down

Orux doesn't recognize imported maps Empty Orux doesn't recognize imported maps

Post  Rob Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:51 pm

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I followed the step by step directions as best I could. Created orux maps with mobile atlas creator, copied the map directory to oruxmaps/mapfiles on my Moto Cliq. When I try to update database, I get an error "no map files found".

The copied files contain a *.otrk2.xml file. and a subdirectory for each zoom level. Each of these subdirectories contains another *.otrk2.xml file and another subdirectory called "set" which contains several dozen *.omc2 files.

Can anyone help me figure out how to make this work? I didn't use, nor know how to use oruxmapsdesktop.

Question

Rob

Back to top Go down

Orux doesn't recognize imported maps Empty got it. files need to be jpg

Post  Rob Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:31 am

I figured it out. The ocm2 files are converted to jpg by oruxmaps desktop

Rob

Back to top Go down

Orux doesn't recognize imported maps Empty Re: Orux doesn't recognize imported maps

Post  tgerm Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:51 am

Please let me know how you got this to work. I have yet to create a map on my motorola android. I cannot get the files to be recognized. Thanks
TG

tgerm

Back to top Go down

Orux doesn't recognize imported maps Empty same problem here!

Post  hpaulij Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:01 pm

I converted my ozfx3 files and put them on my sdcard but I'm still not able to load a map. It doesn't show anything.
I have the otrk2.xml file and a subdirectory set with ocm2 files.
What am I doing wrong?

hpaulij

Back to top Go down

Orux doesn't recognize imported maps Empty Re: Orux doesn't recognize imported maps

Post  orux Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:16 pm

hpaulij wrote:I converted my ozfx3 files and put them on my sdcard but I'm still not able to load a map. It doesn't show anything.
I have the otrk2.xml file and a subdirectory set with ocm2 files.
What am I doing wrong?

Hi all;

You have to copy in oruxmaps/mapfiles/ the folder with the name of your map, which contains the .otrk2.xml file and one subfolder per layer. Not the first folder (if you are using MOBAC) which has the name of your map plus the data for example 'madrid 2010-04-10 1212'

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Orux doesn't recognize imported maps Empty map is working now!

Post  hpaulij Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:45 pm

I forgot to press update maps db in menu!
I also converted all image files to jpg (don't know if this was really necessary).
After disconnecting the phone from the pc and pressing updating maps db again, the map was there Smile

hpaulij

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:49 pm

hpaulij wrote:I forgot to press update maps db in menu!
I also converted all image files to jpg (don't know if this was really necessary).
After disconnecting the phone from the pc and pressing updating maps db again, the map was there Smile

Hi, hpaulij;

It is better .omc2 extension, if you do not want to see thousands of mini-map images in android gallery Smile

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Bzh972 Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:01 pm

When I try to use multilayer maps created from Mobile Atlas Creator, I can't see the tiles when they have omc2 extension. If I rename in jpg, the tile immediately appears in Oruxmap without having to update the map db.
But as soon as I rename in omc2 extension, it disappears?
Any idea why?

Bzh972

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:36 pm

Bzh972 wrote:When I try to use multilayer maps created from Mobile Atlas Creator, I can't see the tiles when they have omc2 extension. If I rename in jpg, the tile immediately appears in Oruxmap without having to update the map db.
But as soon as I rename in omc2 extension, it disappears?
Any idea why?

Hi;

Strange, it should work fine with .omc2 extension.

But why do you not use sqlite format? It is the best choice.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down