OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turning download of online maps off ?

3 posters

Go down

Turning download of online maps off ? Empty Turning download of online maps off ?

Post  la patata Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:37 am

Hello,

Is it possible to block downloads of new tiles of an online map while using it in oruxmaps?

The reason i ask for that is phone costs (data transfer) and that i am using other apps which needs a data connection from time to time while using oruxmaps, so i can't turn of the whole data connection (via apndroid for example). By temporaily (switch on/off in oruxmaps ?) blocking the download of online maps in oruxmaps, i would still have the flexibility to update some tiles if needed (cached area /zoom level of online maps is not enough, or newer ones (in terms of OSM) ) without creating larger offline maps and causing larger downloads ?

la patata

Cantidad de envíos : 7

Back to top Go down

Turning download of online maps off ? Empty Re: Turning download of online maps off ?

Post  orux Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:08 pm

la patata wrote:Hello,

Is it possible to block downloads of new tiles of an online map while using it in oruxmaps?

The reason i ask for that is phone costs (data transfer) and that i am using other apps which needs a data connection from time to time while using oruxmaps, so i can't turn of the whole data connection (via apndroid for example). By temporaily (switch on/off in oruxmaps ?) blocking the download of online maps in oruxmaps, i would still have the flexibility to update some tiles if needed (cached area /zoom level of online maps is not enough, or newer ones (in terms of OSM) ) without creating larger offline maps and causing larger downloads ?

Ok, It is a good suggestion;

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Turning download of online maps off ? Empty Turning download of online maps off ?

Post  skobus Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:14 pm

Has this feature been implemented in he current version? I cannot find it.

skobus

skobus

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Turning download of online maps off ? Empty Re: Turning download of online maps off ?

Post  la patata Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:22 pm

yes it is implemented.

while watching map. click menu and then scroll down to "lock downloads" normall it is set to off, switch to on and it should work (downloads blocked/locked)

la patata

Cantidad de envíos : 7

Back to top Go down