OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best GPS/Nav app for android..

Go down

Best GPS/Nav app for android.. Empty Best GPS/Nav app for android..

Post  lohtse Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:53 am

Hi To the developer..

Have to say a big thank you for such an excellent application....

I am still new to android but not other OS's having used WinMo for nearly 10 years...

When I got my HTC Hero I was so disappointed(still am) with Android.. Just found it soo lacking and a pain in the butt to use with constant FCs and general closures.... Even now with android 2.1 on the hero I still have the same problems.... But anyway.. One of my primary uses for a PDA is as a navigation/GPS aid.. And here my WinMo wins hands down over android As I have 120gigs worth of mapping data that is compatible with WinMo, from Garmin to Memory-Map maps etc... So when I was give my hero to use I thought excellent and then realised how bad the os is for mapping as there was lots of provision for things such as google maps and similar data all of which requires a data connection which is great if you have unlimited data and you are not in the mountains.

Then I came a cross the holy grail known as OruxMaps....

WOW....

Near perfect.. Has almost all the features I want and need(see improvements for my requests) and is dam stable which is better than any thing else available and it's FREE!!!!! Using it with atlas creator and you even get to save on data cost by pre downloading the maps etc you require(providing you know where you are going that is) LOL....

Have been using almost daily and have to say if it wasn't for Oruxmaps I would have binned the Hero weeks ago....And I do mean that too.... I love the way you seem to listen to users and help when you can thats what I call support and Ilike the way you are always updating with new features too. It's a credit to you and most welcome...

All I can say is thank you for such an excellent app keep up the good work and I look forward to all future releases...

Kindest regards
Lohtse

lohtse

Back to top Go down

Best GPS/Nav app for android.. Empty Re: Best GPS/Nav app for android..

Post  orux Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:48 pm

lohtse wrote:Hi To the developer..

Have to say a big thank you for such an excellent application....

I am still new to android but not other OS's having used WinMo for nearly 10 years...

When I got my HTC Hero I was so disappointed(still am) with Android.. Just found it soo lacking and a pain in the butt to use with constant FCs and general closures.... Even now with android 2.1 on the hero I still have the same problems.... But anyway.. One of my primary uses for a PDA is as a navigation/GPS aid.. And here my WinMo wins hands down over android As I have 120gigs worth of mapping data that is compatible with WinMo, from Garmin to Memory-Map maps etc... So when I was give my hero to use I thought excellent and then realised how bad the os is for mapping as there was lots of provision for things such as google maps and similar data all of which requires a data connection which is great if you have unlimited data and you are not in the mountains.

Then I came a cross the holy grail known as OruxMaps....

WOW....

Near perfect.. Has almost all the features I want and need(see improvements for my requests) and is dam stable which is better than any thing else available and it's FREE!!!!! Using it with atlas creator and you even get to save on data cost by pre downloading the maps etc you require(providing you know where you are going that is) LOL....

Have been using almost daily and have to say if it wasn't for Oruxmaps I would have binned the Hero weeks ago....And I do mean that too.... I love the way you seem to listen to users and help when you can thats what I call support and Ilike the way you are always updating with new features too. It's a credit to you and most welcome...

All I can say is thank you for such an excellent app keep up the good work and I look forward to all future releases...

Kindest regards
Lohtse

Thanks, Lohtse;

I appreciate your comments. Not easy to meet all the requests that I receive, because they are many and varied, but I go slowly incorporating.

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down