OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS

+13
GammelGreggan
mimichris
PZC
Pascal
77Zero
shingimel
myxal
fabio5107
trdi
dmtchico
volker
MB
orux
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS - Page 2 Empty ANT+ tecnology

Post  Alessocc Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:16 am

Hi,
OruxMap it's the best program that i try.
Would it be possible to connect heart rate and cadence monitor usign ANT+ tecnology?

Thanks at all.

Alessocc

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS - Page 2 Empty Re: FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS

Post  orux Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:26 pm

Alessocc wrote:Hi,
OruxMap it's the best program that i try.
Would it be possible to connect heart rate and cadence monitor usign ANT+ tecnology?

Thanks at all.

Hi, Alessocc;

But we need a hardware 'dongle' for the android device. Is there any in the market?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  trdi Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:24 am

orux wrote:
Hi, Alessocc;

But we need a hardware 'dongle' for the android device. Is there any in the market?

orux

Hi orux,

but there are already android phones on the market that support ANT+ technology.

I am using Xperia X8, and its such a shame that OruxMaps dose not support ANT+ because there are many sensors that can be attached to bicycle using ANT+ at the same time ( something that over Bluetooth is not possible ). Also ANT+ is very economical to battery.

As starting point you can look at:

http://www.thisisant.com/pages/developer-zone/android-api

http://www.thisisant.com/component/option,com_fireboard/Itemid,146/func,view/catid,30/id,1316/

I will be very happy if you include this in your future plans with OruxMaps.

trdi

Cantidad de envíos : 7

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS - Page 2 Empty GOTO waypoint function improvement

Post  fabio5107 Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:54 am

Thanks for your efforts for Oruxmaps. It is a good piece of software.
A suggestion concerning "GOTO navigation".
It would be nice that when I activate the function "goto to a waypoint",
on the screen appears a line joining my current position to that waypoint, so i have a clear indication that the navigation function is activated and operative.
After activating the "goto to a waypoint" it would be useful, pressing a button, to have on the screen a big arrow pointing the direction to follow to reach the selected waypoint, with a numerical indication of the distance to reach same waypoint.
Here's an example:
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/97/navcompass.gif/
These are the basic functions of GPS stendalone devices , like Magellan and Garmin, which however do not handle the mapping as well as Oruxmap do.
Thank you for your attention.
Fabio

fabio5107

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:41 pm

fabio5107 wrote:Thanks for your efforts for Oruxmaps. It is a good piece of software.
A suggestion concerning "GOTO navigation".
It would be nice that when I activate the function "goto to a waypoint",
on the screen appears a line joining my current position to that waypoint, so i have a clear indication that the navigation function is activated and operative.
After activating the "goto to a waypoint" it would be useful, pressing a button, to have on the screen a big arrow pointing the direction to follow to reach the selected waypoint, with a numerical indication of the distance to reach same waypoint.
Here's an example:
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/97/navcompass.gif/
These are the basic functions of GPS stendalone devices , like Magellan and Garmin, which however do not handle the mapping as well as Oruxmap do.
Thank you for your attention.
Fabio

Hi, Fabio, thanks.

If you use 'Navigate to' or 'Cache' feature, you will see a line from your position to the wpt position.

If you have the gps enabled, or you are saving a track, you can see in the dashboard:
--distance to next wpt
--bearing to the wpt
--ETA
--ETE

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS - Page 2 Empty Digital zoom between saved layers

Post  myxal Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:29 pm

Hi.
I'll also first voice my thank for working on and providing this useful app. My wish (or maybe a question) is about zooming.

Like many others, I wish to use OruxMaps for bike-rides, during which two or three zoom levels I use most of the time: 16 (or highest available) for during-ride checking, then 9 and maybe 13 for viewing major sections or the entire route. However, when I save only these layers for a particular map (to save space), the program simply skips the intermediary levels (10, 11, 12, 14 and 15) regardless of zooming mode, which results in a significant and unpleasant change of the displayed view.
Would it be possible for your program to offer these intermediary zoom levels by zooming in/out the layers which are present? And maybe offer a setting for the policy behind this ("always zoom in lower layer", "always zoom out higher layer", "prefer zooming in" and "prefer zooming out"). Speaking of zoom levels, I'd prefer to do away with the percentage-based zooming and use only levels, but maybe that's just me.

myxal

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS - Page 2 Empty ANT+

Post  orux Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:47 pm

Hi, all;

Working with ANT+;

But I do not have a compatible device, and emulator does not support ANT+.

I need people with an ANT device and an ANT HRM to do some test-->oruxuro@gmail.com

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS - Page 2 Empty syncronize with whatzapp

Post  shingimel Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:55 pm

the ability to view location shared on whatzapp with orux.
and also there is an israeli online topographic map,site called Amudanan. could it be added to the online sorces list?

and is it posibble to add a free rotation option with two fingers?

tnx for developing this grate app. it really is the best out there.

Last edited by shingimel on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)

shingimel

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS - Page 2 Empty Map Creator Improvements

Post  77Zero Sat May 12, 2012 5:47 pm

There are probably many good reasons why you haven't done this already, and it's probably been suggested/discussed before, but...

If at all possible, it would be very helpful if the map creator could grab all the tiles on a straight line between two points... perhaps with the ability to select a line width. Even better, if the map creator allowed selecting by irregular 4-sided polygons with corners that could be moved independently.

77Zero

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Pascal Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:22 am

77Zero wrote:There are probably many good reasons why you haven't done this already, and it's probably been suggested/discussed before, but...

If at all possible, it would be very helpful if the map creator could grab all the tiles on a straight line between two points... perhaps with the ability to select a line width. Even better, if the map creator allowed selecting by irregular 4-sided polygons with corners that could be moved independently.

Very smart: +1 for me!
P

Pascal

Cantidad de envíos : 32

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS - Page 2 Empty Further Suggestion for next release

Post  PZC Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:19 am

I would like to be able to associate a phone number (which could be invoked by the phone dialer); web link (which would be invoked by a browser) and email address (which could be invoked by the email client) with a waypoint. It seems that the Orux maps GPX "extensions" come very close to this. Could it be further developed?

PZC

Back to top Go down

Post  mimichris Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:35 am

Maps that are recognized on the external memory, "external_sd", because if we have more space in internal memory how do you ?

mimichris

Cantidad de envíos : 16

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS - Page 2 Empty Backup/export and restore/import of all settings

Post  GammelGreggan Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:05 am

I have just re-installed Oruxmaps after doing a factory reset and really do miss possibility to restore all settings.

Maybe also use Googles security copy of apps and data? This does not always work, at this factory reset absolutely none of my user apps was restored from my account. So, at least an internal backup/restor of settings would be appreciated.
GammelGreggan
GammelGreggan

Cantidad de envíos : 28

http://www.gregow.se

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS - Page 2 Empty Searching texts in vector maps

Post  TherioN Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:52 am

Hi!

I have discovered very interesting free vector maps, which can be used in Oruxmaps (and also Locus):

http://www.openandromaps.org/

It would be great if there were search functions in Oruxmaps, these vector maps contains text names of towns, hills ....

Thanks

TherioN

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS - Page 2 Empty Power Calculation in Watt

Post  pfadfinder-outdoor Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:55 am

Hello Orux,

the 5.0Beta19 is working pretty well, and collects data like a expensive Bike-Computer.
How about use all this data to calculate also the Pedal Power in Watt, like the even more expensive Bike-Computers.

ANT+ is working very good. I have a Sony Xperia Active.
HR and S&C from Q_synce.

Will the Speed be optional, like the Altitude? "Use speed from Ant+ instead of GPS"
And record it in the statistic?

Regards

pfadfinder-outdoor

Cantidad de envíos : 22

http://www.pfadfinder-outdoor.de

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS - Page 2 Empty Handling of position errors

Post  Just Me Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi,

Position errors can be caused by poor visibility of GPS satellites or GPS tuner/receiver mediocre quality.
Position errors are visible when a track is recorded, as track offsets and as statistics errors, e.g. a circular track in which the elevation gain differs from the elevation loss.

Please consider adding an option to filter position jitter by factoring the current position read from the GPS tuner/receiver with a calculated position prediction, e.g. a moving window of previous positions, optionally with speed pending extrapolation of current position. Optionally the user might select no filtering or light/medium/strong filtering.

Thank you,
Just Me

Just Me

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob_ Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:22 am

Hi Orux,
Could you improve the live tracking of remote devices, also using oruxmaps on their own, on oruxmaps? Just in order to display friends' positions on our smartphone running oruxmap while we're hiking or skiing, like the live tracking in okmap or mapmytrack, but using oruxmaps like a server in a point-to-point connection or cloud connection over the internet. Or is it already possible?
Thanks for your plenty on funcions app!
Rob_

Rob_

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2