OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Additional maps and categories/icons

Go down

Additional maps and categories/icons Empty Additional maps and categories/icons

Post  Jonathan Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:08 am

You have a fantastic program that is only getting better all the time! There's a couple of features that would be neat to have. The ability to add additional map sources so that we could have an app that would have all online map sources available to Backcountry Navigator, Rmaps, Maverick and Gaia GPS, etc. including satellite/aerial imagery. We could then create offline maps from those sources. (If you need a list I could provide you with one.) If we could add an xml file that could be read so that we could fine tune the specific online map sources we would like to utilize (all or just some). Also having the option of a file we could edit or an additional feature in the program were we could edit the category list and the particular icon used. Having the ability to add categories and icons. A couple I could personally use are client, supplier/vendor and church. I'm sure there are others we could use.
But without question you have done a masterful job of creating the program. There are little things I would do differently if I were making a program like this such as the start menu which I think is a little redundant since the features are or could be built in to the main program without going through the main screen before getting to a map view, but all in all keep up the excellent work and thanks for this fantastic program!!!

Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Additional maps and categories/icons Empty Re: Additional maps and categories/icons

Post  orux Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:03 pm

Jonathan wrote:You have a fantastic program that is only getting better all the time! There's a couple of features that would be neat to have. The ability to add additional map sources so that we could have an app that would have all online map sources available to Backcountry Navigator, Rmaps, Maverick and Gaia GPS, etc. including satellite/aerial imagery. We could then create offline maps from those sources. (If you need a list I could provide you with one.) If we could add an xml file that could be read so that we could fine tune the specific online map sources we would like to utilize (all or just some). Also having the option of a file we could edit or an additional feature in the program were we could edit the category list and the particular icon used. Having the ability to add categories and icons. A couple I could personally use are client, supplier/vendor and church. I'm sure there are others we could use.
But without question you have done a masterful job of creating the program. There are little things I would do differently if I were making a program like this such as the start menu which I think is a little redundant since the features are or could be built in to the main program without going through the main screen before getting to a map view, but all in all keep up the excellent work and thanks for this fantastic program!!!

Thanks, Jonathan;

Not all online sources use the same procedure for downloading maps from servers, not easily to define a xml with all possible options.

Tell me the maps you want to see in oruxmaps, and I will try to add them.

Later I want to add the ability to remove some maps online, and the ability to add custom icons and wpts types.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Additional maps and categories/icons Empty Re: Additional maps and categories/icons

Post  Jonathan Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:24 pm

Thanks Orux, for your prompt reply.
Map wise I was thinking of: OpenStreetMaps Osmarender, Google Hybrid, Wikimapia Maps, MyTopo, You already have Cloudmade but if we could have the ability to utilize the different styles that Cloudmade uses on their maps as to highlight bicycle paths, hiking trails, public transportation, railway and subway lines, with POIs that would be awesome! Having a traffic layer would be neat since I find myself using your program more and more without needing to jump to other apps. You have the aerial charts the only thing still missing would be the nautical charts such as NOAA.
You have a winning product thanks so much for the time and effort you put into making this the best gps/map app for Android.
As I use this for different things I might have some more suggestions for the future but I am not aware of anyone who responds so quickly in implementing new features in their product as you - Keep up the good work!

Kind regards,

Jonathan

Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down