OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downloading Geoportail now possible with TopoMap

+2
orux
TC
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Downloading Geoportail now possible with TopoMap Empty Downloading Geoportail now possible with TopoMap

Post  James Ba Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:27 am

Hi orux

Certainly you know the excellent maps of geoportail The whole IGN maps 1 : 25 000 of France are available there.

Well I wrote I programm to download those maps. Its open source and located on source forge The main issue is the nasty encoding of the tiles. The program downloads the tiles, merges them to big jpg and georeferences them (ozi map file and world file).
Probably you konw, that Geoportail uses the "Equirectangular projection" with ts=46.5 degree.
I created a orux maps file with oruxmapsdesktop. That works fine, but I had to choose manually the projection Equirectangular and define the ts to 46.5 degree. Unfortunately the ozi map file is proprietary, therefor I don't know how to fill out the "Map Projection" line in the ozi map file. No help on the Intenet available.

May be you can help me. How do I have to fill out correctly the Map Projection line for the equirectangular projection and where to place the ts value? I amsure you know it, as you have to parse the map file to figure out the projection and the ts value.

Map Projection,,PolyCal,No,AutoCalOnly,No,BSBUseWPX,No

I think TopoMap and OruxMaps can become an excelent combination for the french topographic maps. Many peaople are waiting to download the IGN maps.

James

James Ba

Back to top Go down

Downloading Geoportail now possible with TopoMap Empty Re: Downloading Geoportail now possible with TopoMap

Post  TC Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:41 pm

+1

TC

Cantidad de envíos : 6

Back to top Go down

Downloading Geoportail now possible with TopoMap Empty Re: Downloading Geoportail now possible with TopoMap

Post  orux Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:50 pm

James Ba wrote:Hi orux

Certainly you know the excellent maps of geoportail The whole IGN maps 1 : 25 000 of France are available there.

Well I wrote I programm to download those maps. Its open source and located on source forge The main issue is the nasty encoding of the tiles. The program downloads the tiles, merges them to big jpg and georeferences them (ozi map file and world file).
Probably you konw, that Geoportail uses the "Equirectangular projection" with ts=46.5 degree.
I created a orux maps file with oruxmapsdesktop. That works fine, but I had to choose manually the projection Equirectangular and define the ts to 46.5 degree. Unfortunately the ozi map file is proprietary, therefor I don't know how to fill out the "Map Projection" line in the ozi map file. No help on the Intenet available.

May be you can help me. How do I have to fill out correctly the Map Projection line for the equirectangular projection and where to place the ts value? I amsure you know it, as you have to parse the map file to figure out the projection and the ts value.

Map Projection,,PolyCal,No,AutoCalOnly,No,BSBUseWPX,No

I think TopoMap and OruxMaps can become an excelent combination for the french topographic maps. Many peaople are waiting to download the IGN maps.

James

Hi, James; well done.

But unfortunately I have not found any Ozi .map using equirectangular projection. OruxMapsDesktop can not read these maps because do not know how the .map keeps those parameters. With Ozi PC there is no such projection, so I'm afraid they are using Latitude / Longitude and a set of parameters. But we need one. map!

But we have other options: soon I will work with OruxMapsDesktop to accept his execution in command line. Maybe your application can call OruxMapDesktop with those parameters, if the user wants OruxMaps maps.

Another option would be to create in your application directly OruxMaps maps. I can explain how to create them; it is easy.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Downloading Geoportail now possible with TopoMap Empty Ozi Map calibration file is crap

Post  jbarner Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:59 pm

Hi Orux
Thanks for your reply. Probably you are right, there is no definition of "Equirectangular Projection" for the Ozi Calibration file. No place to store the ts=46.5 degree value! Anyway, I don't like the Ozi Calibration file. I prefer geotiff...

You are right, the best soultion is to create directly OruxMaps map ressources.
Currently I work on a new TopoMap with the following features:
- Fast download
- Selectable area
- All zomm levels
- Maps: Mapplus, Geoportail and Iberpix
- Generic interface to store the map! It will become easy to support new map formats....

I could write an adapter for Ouxmaps map format. You store data in SQLite, isnt' it? I think thats the best solution. Zip and file system are too slow. Unfortunately there is no standard to store maps in SQ Lite. Everybody is doing it differently. Or is there a de-facto standard?
I would enjoy your help concerning the oruxmaps map format. I saw you create a quite simple XML and the SQLite Database. I would need to know the internal structure of the SQLite database...
By the way, is OruxMaps really supporting the equirectangular projection, or do you simply work with approximation?
Thanks for your help
James

jbarner

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:48 pm

jbarner wrote:Hi Orux
Thanks for your reply. Probably you are right, there is no definition of "Equirectangular Projection" for the Ozi Calibration file. No place to store the ts=46.5 degree value! Anyway, I don't like the Ozi Calibration file. I prefer geotiff...

You are right, the best soultion is to create directly OruxMaps map ressources.
Currently I work on a new TopoMap with the following features:
- Fast download
- Selectable area
- All zomm levels
- Maps: Mapplus, Geoportail and Iberpix
- Generic interface to store the map! It will become easy to support new map formats....

I could write an adapter for Ouxmaps map format. You store data in SQLite, isnt' it? I think thats the best solution. Zip and file system are too slow. Unfortunately there is no standard to store maps in SQ Lite. Everybody is doing it differently. Or is there a de-facto standard?
I would enjoy your help concerning the oruxmaps map format. I saw you create a quite simple XML and the SQLite Database. I would need to know the internal structure of the SQLite database...
By the way, is OruxMaps really supporting the equirectangular projection, or do you simply work with approximation?
Thanks for your help
James

Hi, James; Happy new year Smile

Yes, sqlite is the best solution.

Yes, OruxMaps supports equirectangular projection; it is very easy to implement.

You can see oruxmaps sqlite database internals with sqlite plugging for firefox.

It is a simple database, two tables, one index. Similar to other programs, like bigplanet,...

you can see the code used for MOBAC implementation for OruxMaps -->

http://trekbuddyatlasc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/trekbuddyatlasc/trunk/MOBAC/src/main/java/mobac/program/atlascreators/OruxMaps.java?revision=1474&view=markup

http://trekbuddyatlasc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/trekbuddyatlasc/trunk/MOBAC/src/main/java/mobac/program/atlascreators/OruxMapsSqlite.java?revision=1474&view=markup

Sure you can understand java. You can see sqlite sentences, and xml calibration file structure.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Downloading Geoportail now possible with TopoMap Empty OruxMaps support for TopoMap

Post  jbarner Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:52 pm

Hi Orux

Thanks about your hints. I analyzed a SQLite map with the firefox plugin. Won't be a problem to implement the two tables and create the XML file.
Recently I put Version 1.2.X.X on https://sourceforge.net/projects/topo-map/
TopoMap has now new features;
- Async tile download
- Selectable map area
- All zoom levels

My next task will be the support of some SQLite map formats. Of course it will take its time.
If a have a problem I would enjoy your help.
James

jbarner

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:54 pm

Thanks about your hints. I analyzed a SQLite map with the firefox plugin. Won't be a problem to implement the two tables and create the XML file.
Recently I put Version 1.2.X.X on https://sourceforge.net/projects/topo-map/
- Async tile download
- Selectable map area
- All zoom levels

My next task will be the support of some SQLite map formats. Of course it will take its time.
If a have a problem I would enjoy your help.
James

Hi, James;

thanks; take your time.

If you need help --> oruxuro@gmail.com

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Downloading Geoportail now possible with TopoMap Empty Questions about SQLite Map Format

Post  jbarner Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:35 am

Hi Orux

I am about implementing the Oruxmaps SQLite Map Format within TopoMap (http://sourceforge.net/projects/topo-map/). So far there are no complications, but I have a few questions about details:

1. Tables
I compared the SQLite structure of RMaps, Bigplanet and Oruxmaps. At a first look they are quite similar. Oruxmaps has no table "info" and the table "tiles" has no column "s" (I dindn't understand what "s" is good for? Have you an idea?). On a second look, I understood, that Oruxmaps exports the georeferencing info in the XML file, whereas RMaps and Bigplanet store the georeferencing info implicitely in the x, y and z sequence numbers. By consequcnce they can only support the Google Map Projection, where Oruxmaps has a much more generic approach. Oruxmaps theoretically can support any projection! Is that all correct so far?

2. Zoom Level Definition:
Zoom Level definition for the Google Map Projection are well known. Level 16 is the 2.388 m / Pixel resolution. Level 15 is the 4.776 m / Pixel resolution and so on. The level definition is not so clear for other projections. I guess: Level 16: [2..4[ m, Level 15: [4..8[ m, and so on? Is that correct?

3. Tile-Size:
Which tile size would yu recoomend? I saw, that OruxMapsDesktop (and Mobac) opt for 512 * 512 pixel. This means merging four tiles before storing them to the SQLite database. Is there an advantage with 512 * 512 over 256 * 256 pixel resoultion?

4. JPG Compression Rate
Is it correct, that tiles are normally stored within a JPG byte stream? Which default compression rate do you recommend? 50 %.

5. Map-Datum definition:
Mobac and OruxMapsDesktop write differently to the WGS84 attribute:
- OruxMapsDesktop: datum="WGS 1984:Global Definition@WGS 1984:Global Definition"
- Mobac: datum="WGS84"
Is there a difference? Why two different definitions for WGS84??? Can you send me a list of the "Map Datum" definitions to be used?

6. Projection definition:
So far I found the following Projection-Definitions:
- projection="Mercator"
- projection="Equirectangular,46.5
- projection="UTM" ???
Can you send me a list of the "Projection" definitions to be used?

I hope I don't bother you too much with my questions.
Thanks a lot.
James

jbarner

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:25 pm

I am about implementing the Oruxmaps SQLite Map Format within TopoMap (http://sourceforge.net/projects/topo-map/). So far there are no complications, but I have a few questions about details:

1. Tables
I compared the SQLite structure of RMaps, Bigplanet and Oruxmaps. At a first look they are quite similar. Oruxmaps has no table "info" and the table "tiles" has no column "s" (I dindn't understand what "s" is good for? Have you an idea?). On a second look, I understood, that Oruxmaps exports the georeferencing info in the XML file, whereas RMaps and Bigplanet store the georeferencing info implicitely in the x, y and z sequence numbers. By consequcnce they can only support the Google Map Projection, where Oruxmaps has a much more generic approach. Oruxmaps theoretically can support any projection! Is that all correct so far?

Hi, James.

May be 's' is for different sources. In this way you can put tiles from different maps in the same database.

I put all the georeferencing info in a text file to allow people see/edit this information.

You are right, with bigplanet format, you only can play with 'google like' maps. You have to select the projection/datum (if possible) in the android application.

jbarner wrote:
2. Zoom Level Definition:
Zoom Level definition for the Google Map Projection are well known. Level 16 is the 2.388 m / Pixel resolution. Level 15 is the 4.776 m / Pixel resolution and so on. The level definition is not so clear for other projections. I guess: Level 16: [2..4[ m, Level 15: [4..8[ m, and so on? Is that correct?

I look for the closest value: level 15 [3.xx to 6.xx] and so on.

jbarner wrote:
3. Tile-Size:
Which tile size would yu recoomend? I saw, that OruxMapsDesktop (and Mobac) opt for 512 * 512 pixel. This means merging four tiles before storing them to the SQLite database. Is there an advantage with 512 * 512 over 256 * 256 pixel resoultion?

OruxMaps works well with both. Seems to be wide used 256x256. I used 512 at first to avoid fragmentation in many very small files, when sqlite was not supported by OruxMaps.

With smaller size, more access to file / database. For example, 3x3 = 9 hits with 512px. and 36 with 256px.

jbarner wrote:
4. JPG Compression Rate
Is it correct, that tiles are normally stored within a JPG byte stream? Which default compression rate do you recommend? 50 %.

If not set, default value is 0.75 in Java. I think it has a good ratio size/quality.

jbarner wrote:
5. Map-Datum definition:
Mobac and OruxMapsDesktop write differently to the WGS84 attribute:
- OruxMapsDesktop: datum="WGS 1984:Global Definition@WGS 1984:Global Definition"
- Mobac: datum="WGS84"
Is there a difference? Why two different definitions for WGS84??? Can you send me a list of the "Map Datum" definitions to be used?

There are a lot of datums that have different parameters for different regions (not wgs84). MOBAC uses first implementation for OruxMaps, long time ago Wink I know that all the maps from MOBAC are wgs84.

Currently (OruxMapsDesktop) I store in datum parameter the 'original datum'@'target datum'. Although not currently used for anything datum origin, in the future might be. Similarly, currently the target datum is always WGS84.

jbarner wrote:
6. Projection definition:
So far I found the following Projection-Definitions:
- projection="Mercator"
- projection="Equirectangular,46.5
- projection="UTM" ???
Can you send me a list of the "Projection" definitions to be used?

The projections currently supported + parameters description:

projection="Transverse Mercator,3.0,42.0,0.9996,100000,2000000" -->longitude origin,latitude origin,factor,false east,false north.
projection="Mercator"
projection="Equirectangular,46.5" -->latitude origin.
projection="UTM,30" -->utm zone.
projection="Flat Earth"
projection="(SUI) Swiss Grid"
projection="Latitude/Longitude"
projection="(IG) Irish Grid"
projection="Rijksdriehoeksmeting"
projection="LambertConformalConic,42.0,3.0,10.0,20.0,100000,2000000" -->latitude origin,longitude origin,std parallel 1,std_parallel 2, false east,false north.
projection="American Polyconic,120.0,100000,2000000" -->longitude origin,false east,false north.

jbarner wrote:
I hope I don't bother you too much with my questions.
Thanks a lot.
James

Thanks to you; I am happy to collaborate with your project.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  gpspassion Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:57 pm

jbarner wrote:Recently I put Version 1.2.X.X on https://sourceforge.net/projects/topo-map/
- Async tile download
- Selectable map area
- All zoom levels
Just came across Topo-Map on Tuesday but a few minutes after I downloaded it the sourceforge went down and has been down since https://sourceforge.net/projects/topo-map/ - is that temporary? I was able to download some tiles but there was no calibration in the Ozi .map file.

gpspassion

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Downloading Geoportail now possible with TopoMap Empty topomap 1.2.0.7. orux format not recognized

Post  max Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:17 pm

topomap downloader is cool, i use it together with OziMapTrans for stitching and it works just fine. Tried to create OruxMaps directly from TopoMap just now and while the xml & db files are created, OruxMaps does not seem to recognize them. It recognizes other maps from Mobac/etc just fine.

It seems that TopoMap 1.2.0.7 uses "," instead of "." everywhere in xml file as decimal thingy (german locale on w7/64?). Maybe that's the problem?

Besides that... an error requester in oruxmaps might be a good idea whenever it doesnt like a .otrk2.xml for some reason.

thanks,
max

max

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:50 pm

max wrote:topomap downloader is cool, i use it together with OziMapTrans for stitching and it works just fine. Tried to create OruxMaps directly from TopoMap just now and while the xml & db files are created, OruxMaps does not seem to recognize them. It recognizes other maps from Mobac/etc just fine.

It seems that TopoMap 1.2.0.7 uses "," instead of "." everywhere in xml file as decimal thingy (german locale on w7/64?). Maybe that's the problem?

Besides that... an error requester in oruxmaps might be a good idea whenever it doesnt like a .otrk2.xml for some reason.

thanks,
max

Hi, Max;

You can report this problem to jbarner;

He is the creator of this fantastic tool,

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  pbda Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi Max,

A solution is to change
Code:
Culture=neutral
by
Code:
Culture=en-US
in file TopoMap.exe.config

pbda

Back to top Go down

Downloading Geoportail now possible with TopoMap Empty good news

Post  enthalpie Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:14 pm

Hi

it is a different way to that question
https://oruxmaps.forumotion.com/t1358-create-maps-from-ign-files

where we can find topomap ?

is a tuto for this tools and this procedure ?

regards

enthalpie

Cantidad de envíos : 54

Back to top Go down

Post  Hannes Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:14 am

TopoMap 1.2.0.7 can be downloaded from:
download.cnet.com/TopoMap/3000-12940_4-75331395.html
(Put http:// in front to get full url link)

A word document explaining how it works and how to use it is included in the package.

Hannes

Back to top Go down

Post  enthalpie Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:11 pm

Hi
Thank's
I have downloades some part of France

now i should see how to use then in oruxmap.

first test were not success. i will search in thois forum

regards

Last edited by enthalpie on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total

enthalpie

Back to top Go down

Post  enthalpie Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:41 am

Hi

I have downloaded topomap and create sqlite map file

I have copy files and directories on my samsung GalaxyS
The tree is :
on /sdcard/external_sd

orumaps/mapfiles/france_mainland
under this directory
/Oruxmap_sqlite_format/mainland/
/zoom_8

under /Oruxmap_sqlite_format/mainland/
two files
oruxmap.otrkz.xml
oruxmapsimages.db

And if a choice France_mainland for offline file, oruxmap said " no files"

regards
under /zoom_8
/rectanles_256_256
a lot of directories Roww_XXXXXX with a lot of images files formatjpg

enthalpie

Back to top Go down

Post  enthalpie Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:02 am

pbda wrote:Hi Max,

A solution is to change
Code:
Culture=neutral
by
Code:
Culture=en-US
in file TopoMap.exe.config

Hi

I have done this change but now topomap did'nt start !!

enthalpie

Back to top Go down

Post  Hannes Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:48 am

Topomap 1.2.0.7 worked for me to create topographic maps from Geoportail.
Some tips:
- Leave the original TopoMap.exe.config file, don't change Culture=neutral
- Use 512 for Merging size in pixel (x) & Merging Size in pixel (y)
- Copy the complete folder with the *.otrk2.xml and *.db file inside from your PC (under ORUXMAPS_SQLITE_FORMAT) to your phone
- As destination directory on your phone for this copy, use the directory indicated in OruxMaps under settings>Maps>Map directory
- Don't copy the files under /Zoom_8 (or any other Zoom-level) from your pc to your phone
- Start with a small area to create a small map and test if that small map works or not

Hannes

Back to top Go down

Post  enthalpie Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:17 am

Hannes wrote:Topomap 1.2.0.7 worked for me to create topographic maps from Geoportail.
Some tips:
- Leave the original TopoMap.exe.config file, don't change Culture=neutral
- Use 512 for Merging size in pixel (x) & Merging Size in pixel (y)
- Copy the complete folder with the *.otrk2.xml and *.db file inside from your PC (under ORUXMAPS_SQLITE_FORMAT) to your phone
- As destination directory on your phone for this copy, use the directory indicated in OruxMaps under settings>Maps>Map directory
- Don't copy the files under /Zoom_8 (or any other Zoom-level) from your pc to your phone
- Start with a small area to create a small map and test if that small map works or not

If I well understand i will not have any zoom file on the smart phone ?

so i have now

/external_sd/oruxmaps/mapfiles/ORUXMAPS_SQLITE_FORMAT

and under these directory the two files created with topomap (db et xml )

I do that but i still have message "no files under directory"

Ps i want to work offline

I have also try this tree

/external_sd/oruxmaps/mapfiles/mainland
with the two files (db and xml) under these

i still does'ntunderstand how that can works without any jpeg files

two more question :
is it possible after to create different zoom in the same directory ? (update of xml ad db file ?
why with 512 pixel parameter, the directory under zoom_X is namer rectangle_256_256 ?

regards

Last edited by enthalpie on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : precision and more questions)

enthalpie

Back to top Go down

Post  enthalpie Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:24 pm

Hi

may i send my files to you ?

I don't understand why that's does'nt work

regards

HI
please find xml file
i have change some caracter because itis not allowed in post

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<OruxTracker xmlns:orux="hhhh...oruxtracker.com/app/res/calibration" versionCode="3.0">
<MapCalibration layers="true" layerLevel="0">
<MapName><![CDATA[brest]]></MapName>
<OruxTracker versionCode="2.1">
<MapCalibration layers="false" layerLevel="8">
<MapName><![CDATA[brest 8]]></MapName>
<MapChunks xMax="2" yMax="2" datum="WGS 1984:Global Definition@WGS 1984:Global Definition" projection="Equirectangular,46,5" img_height="512" img_width="512" file_name="brest 8" />
<MapDimensions height="1024" width="1024" />
<MapBounds minLat="44,7427127496433" maxLat="49,4524719864478" minLon="-6,84205408536415" maxLon="0" />
<CalibrationPoints>
<CalibrationPoint corner="TL" lon="-6,84205408536415" lat="49,4524719864478" />
<CalibrationPoint corner="BR" lon="0" lat="44,7427127496433" />
<CalibrationPoint corner="TR" lon="0" lat="49,4524719864478" />
<CalibrationPoint corner="BL" lon="-6,84205408536415" lat="44,7427127496433" />
</CalibrationPoints>
</MapCalibration>
</OruxTracker>
<MapCalibration layers="false" layerLevel="12">
<MapName><![CDATA[brest 12]]></MapName>
<MapChunks xMax="3" yMax="4" datum="WGS 1984:Global Definition@WGS 1984:Global Definition" projection="Equirectangular,46,5" img_height="512" img_width="512" file_name="brest 12" />
<MapDimensions height="2048" width="1536" />
<MapBounds minLat="47,8334922487963" maxLat="48,4222121533968" minLon="-4,70391218368786" maxLon="-4,06246961318497" />
<CalibrationPoints>
<CalibrationPoint corner="TL" lon="-4,70391218368786" lat="48,4222121533968" />
<CalibrationPoint corner="BR" lon="-4,06246961318497" lat="47,8334922487963" />
<CalibrationPoint corner="TR" lon="-4,06246961318497" lat="48,4222121533968" />
<CalibrationPoint corner="BL" lon="-4,70391218368786" lat="47,8334922487963" />
</CalibrationPoints>
</MapCalibration>
</OruxTracker>
<MapCalibration layers="false" layerLevel="14">
<MapName><![CDATA[brest 14]]></MapName>
<MapChunks xMax="7" yMax="9" datum="WGS 1984:Global Definition"a"WGS 1984:Global Definition" projection="Equirectangular,46,5" img_height="512" img_width="512" file_name="brest 14" />
<MapDimensions height="4608" width="3584" />
<MapBounds minLat="47,9806722249464" maxLat="48,3118271712842" minLon="-4,54355154106213" maxLon="-4,16937670826878" />
<CalibrationPoints>
<CalibrationPoint corner="TL" lon="-4,54355154106213" lat="48,3118271712842" />
<CalibrationPoint corner="BR" lon="-4,16937670826878" lat="47,9806722249464" />
<CalibrationPoint corner="TR" lon="-4,16937670826878" lat="48,3118271712842" />
<CalibrationPoint corner="BL" lon="-4,54355154106213" lat="47,9806722249464" />
</CalibrationPoints>
</MapCalibration>
</OruxTracker>
</MapCalibration>
</OruxTracker>

Last edited by enthalpie on Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add xml fle)

enthalpie

Back to top Go down

Post  noisyr Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:02 pm

So I was able to create a map (IGN France, 100 km north of Marseille) BUT: The map has an offset from 250 m to the east. If I zoom in from a correct map this map "jumps" 250 m to the left, every GPX also shows me this offset.

noisyr

Back to top Go down

Post  noisyr Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:05 pm

I forgot: I had to replace every "," in the .xml file to a "." because otherwise Oruxmaps didn't accept this map.

noisyr

Back to top Go down

Downloading Geoportail now possible with TopoMap Empty Map offset with TopoMap

Post  noisyr Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:23 am

so I checked the offset more into detail trying to fix this manually in the .xml but I see now it's even worse.
My map is about 200 km x 150 km, it's in south-east France (Provence). The offset changes over the mappared to an OSM map created with MOBAC (which is correct) I have the following offsets in the corners:
TL is zero
TR offset is about 50 m to the west
BL offset is less than 50 to the west
BR offset is about 1000 m (!) to the west

TopoMap would really be a great tool but this way it's still unusable, which is a pitty.

noisyr

Back to top Go down

Downloading Geoportail now possible with TopoMap Empty that's works with .

Post  enthalpie Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi,
Thats works after replacing "," by "." in xml file

so it is a bug
please correct it and this tools will be the best !!

it was the tool i am waiting for use oruxmap !! ign file with no paint !!

regards

Ps Map is well calibrate. i walk around my house and positionning is perfect better than 5 meters

Last edited by enthalpie on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : precision about calibration)

enthalpie

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next