OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downloading Geoportail now possible with TopoMap

+2
orux
TC
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Downloading Geoportail now possible with TopoMap - Page 2 Empty Re: Downloading Geoportail now possible with TopoMap

Post  noisyr Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:15 pm

Did you try a map of france mainland? And compared this with a correct GPX? I did and it is definitely wrong.

noisyr

Back to top Go down

Downloading Geoportail now possible with TopoMap - Page 2 Empty Re: Downloading Geoportail now possible with TopoMap

Post  enthalpie Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:50 pm

noisyr wrote:Did you try a map of france mainland? And compared this with a correct GPX? I did and it is definitely wrong.

?? you answer following my message but i think it is not for me ??
Very Happy

enthalpie

Cantidad de envíos : 54

Back to top Go down

Post  noisyr Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:06 pm

It is. You said calibration is correct (what is surely right for you) but I have big problems with the calibration of a France map. I wanted to know if you also tried a france map (which has a different projection) or another one (Spain, Germany etc.)?

noisyr

Back to top Go down

Post  I got it Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:56 pm

So for everybody:

In order to have Oruxmaps 4 work correctly with the actual TopMaps version (1.2.0.7) I had to do the following:

- only take tha last subfolder with the MAPNAME and the two files OruxMapsImages.db and MAPNAME.otrk2.xml to the correct folder on your phone. So on you SDCard it should look like this fpr every map:
sdcard:\oruxmaps\mapfiles\MAPNAME\OruxMapsImages.db and
sdcard:\oruxmaps\mapfiles\MAPNAME\MAPNAME.otrk2.xml
- open the MAPNAME.otrk2.xml with Wordpad or similar
- Search and replace (Ctrl + H) every "," with a "." (Dot)
- Important for France Maps! Don't replace the first "," in "Equirectangular,46,5"! So this must look like this: Equirectangular,46.5
If you don't take care here your map will have wrong position between some meters up to some 1000 meters, depending on the mapsize be!

Regards.

I got it

Back to top Go down

Post  enthalpie Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:59 pm

hi

i agree it works fine

I have made this on my phone and oruxmaps works fine
/sdcar/external_sd/oruxmaps/mapfiles

and under this directory
France
and under these
/france_100
/france_200
/france_400
/ xxxxxxx
and so on for différent zoom and différents part of france

regards

enthalpie

Back to top Go down

Downloading Geoportail now possible with TopoMap - Page 2 Empty a question for making maps

Post  enthalpie Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:05 pm

@ james

If i well understand i can download all the pictures for a scale , keep these in my pc and after make orux db file (merge) as i want by choising lat and long interesting for me

is that's right ?

regards

enthalpie

Back to top Go down

Downloading Geoportail now possible with TopoMap - Page 2 Empty Downloading Geoportail now possible with TopoMap

Post  cantece Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:11 am

Hello,
is it possible to create a SQlite map instead the *.db and *.xml?

Thank you,
cantece

James Ba wrote:Hi orux

Certainly you know the excellent maps of geoportail The whole IGN maps 1 : 25 000 of France are available there.

Well I wrote I programm to download those maps. Its open source and located on source forge The main issue is the nasty encoding of the tiles. The program downloads the tiles, merges them to big jpg and georeferences them (ozi map file and world file).
Probably you konw, that Geoportail uses the "Equirectangular projection" with ts=46.5 degree.
I created a orux maps file with oruxmapsdesktop. That works fine, but I had to choose manually the projection Equirectangular and define the ts to 46.5 degree. Unfortunately the ozi map file is proprietary, therefor I don't know how to fill out the "Map Projection" line in the ozi map file. No help on the Intenet available.

May be you can help me. How do I have to fill out correctly the Map Projection line for the equirectangular projection and where to place the ts value? I amsure you know it, as you have to parse the map file to figure out the projection and the ts value.

Map Projection,,PolyCal,No,AutoCalOnly,No,BSBUseWPX,No

I think TopoMap and OruxMaps can become an excelent combination for the french topographic maps. Many peaople are waiting to download the IGN maps.

James

cantece

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  enthalpie Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:27 am

jbarner wrote:Hi Orux

Thanks about your hints. I analyzed a SQLite map with the firefox plugin. Won't be a problem to implement the two tables and create the XML file.
Recently I put Version 1.2.X.X on https://sourceforge.net/projects/topo-map/
TopoMap has now new features;
- Async tile download
- Selectable map area
- All zoom levels

My next task will be the support of some SQLite map formats. Of course it will take its time.
If a have a problem I would enjoy your help.
James

topo-map is not more available at this adress ? why ?

enthalpie

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2