OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fixed orientation, bigger information fields

2 posters

Go down

fixed orientation, bigger information fields Empty fixed orientation, bigger information fields

Post  Lion Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:24 pm

Im really hooked of your great program, thanks so much for it! I´m new to it, and really enthusiastic.

But after a few runs, i have also 2 feature requests:
1: Fixed horizontal orientation of the screen: the auto-rotation-feature is nice, but im wearing my phone on the forearm (with a jacket) - so i need the horizontal orientation.
During running, i am certainly moving my arms, and so my phone is switching continously between the two views.
Would be great this could be selected in the options (horizontal/vertical/autorotate)
(if is deselect the auto-rotation, i have just the fixed vertical orientation)

2: there is an option: big buttons --> it would be great if i could select bigger information fields too (speed, disdance...). During a short look on the phone while running, its not easy to recognize....

Thanks in advance, Lion

Lion

Cantidad de envíos : 24

Back to top Go down

fixed orientation, bigger information fields Empty Re: fixed orientation, bigger information fields

Post  orux Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:31 pm

Lion wrote:Im really hooked of your great program, thanks so much for it! I´m new to it, and really enthusiastic.

But after a few runs, i have also 2 feature requests:
1: Fixed horizontal orientation of the screen: the auto-rotation-feature is nice, but im wearing my phone on the forearm (with a jacket) - so i need the horizontal orientation.
During running, i am certainly moving my arms, and so my phone is switching continously between the two views.
Would be great this could be selected in the options (horizontal/vertical/autorotate)
(if is deselect the auto-rotation, i have just the fixed vertical orientation)

2: there is an option: big buttons --> it would be great if i could select bigger information fields too (speed, disdance...). During a short look on the phone while running, its not easy to recognize....

Thanks in advance, Lion

Hi, Lion;

If you disable 'auto-rotation' in landscape position, then the screen should keep this orientation. The same if you disable 'auto-rotation' in portrait position. Working in my nexus (only if you have the device rotated counterclockwise) and in my dream.

I am thinking in a solution for big information fields.

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

fixed orientation, bigger information fields Empty Re: fixed orientation, bigger information fields

Post  Lion Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:41 pm

Thank you for your quick anwer.

on my Motoroly Defy, the screen does not keep the landscape position (neither clockwise nor counterclockwise).
I hold the phone exact in landscape position --> turn of auto-rotate (and do not move the phone) --> map switches to vertical position Crying or Very sad

Lion

Lion

Back to top Go down

Post  Lion Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:14 pm

Ok, i have done a little more testing, also with a newer ROM of my defy --> no way to fix the orientation in landscape position.

It would be great i you could make it adjustable in any of the future versions.... Rolling Eyes

Lion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down