OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

map layout issue

2 posters

Go down

map layout issue  Empty map layout issue

Post  radekgod Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi Orux,
Your program is great :-)
but I have some issues / recommendation to improve or add some function

1) I am using Mobile Atlas Creator 1.9 beta 4 to create maps SQLITEDB type and Oruxmaps 3.3.8 to use them.
I choose my counry , Czech rep. and have to separated it to many pieces for example A1 at left top, A2 at left bottom ,B middle and C at right
I figured out Your SW can virtually join them to one "map" only , so it is not needed load every map byself when I go over some quadrant - this is great , except this issue :
- A1, A2 allow zoom from 12 to 16 only , B allow zoom from 11 to 16 and C allow zoom from 8 to 16. But it is wrong, because all map was created with 8-16 zoom.
I checked xml files and did not find any issue, there is rules for zoom 8-16 at all maps - any idea how to solve it to be able use zoom 8-16 at all maps as created ?

2) Same situation like 1) except I wanna use 3 maps sources for different usage( Openstreetmaps cycle map , Openstreetmaps Osmarender and cykloserever.cz
- And my question is.How could I make program usinge all parts A1, A2, B, C from map I loaded ( for example Osmarender only ) and when moving over map
from A1 to A2 quadrant , program will use only Osmarender maps and not use A2 map from Cykloserver for example ?

3) I have Intel Q9650@4GHz and 16 GB of RAM, but java (what Mobile Atlas Creator use )is so SHITTY , even after allowing manually 16 GB for java, with 16 GB RAM I cant make larger map than +/- 400000 tiles and of course Android can use FAT32 only, so another limitation to 4 GB file... My question is : "Is there any SQLITEDB file size , tiles number or Oruxmaps program limitation ? "

santa

Thanks for help

Best Regards

Radek

radekgod

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

map layout issue  Empty Re: map layout issue

Post  orux Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:31 pm

radekgod wrote:Hi Orux,
Your program is great :-)
but I have some issues / recommendation to improve or add some function

1) I am using Mobile Atlas Creator 1.9 beta 4 to create maps SQLITEDB type and Oruxmaps 3.3.8 to use them.
I choose my counry , Czech rep. and have to separated it to many pieces for example A1 at left top, A2 at left bottom ,B middle and C at right
I figured out Your SW can virtually join them to one "map" only , so it is not needed load every map byself when I go over some quadrant - this is great , except this issue :
- A1, A2 allow zoom from 12 to 16 only , B allow zoom from 11 to 16 and C allow zoom from 8 to 16. But it is wrong, because all map was created with 8-16 zoom.
I checked xml files and did not find any issue, there is rules for zoom 8-16 at all maps - any idea how to solve it to be able use zoom 8-16 at all maps as created ?

2) Same situation like 1) except I wanna use 3 maps sources for different usage( Openstreetmaps cycle map , Openstreetmaps Osmarender and cykloserever.cz
- And my question is.How could I make program usinge all parts A1, A2, B, C from map I loaded ( for example Osmarender only ) and when moving over map
from A1 to A2 quadrant , program will use only Osmarender maps and not use A2 map from Cykloserver for example ?

3) I have Intel Q9650@4GHz and 16 GB of RAM, but java (what Mobile Atlas Creator use )is so SHITTY , even after allowing manually 16 GB for java, with 16 GB RAM I cant make larger map than +/- 400000 tiles and of course Android can use FAT32 only, so another limitation to 4 GB file... My question is : "Is there any SQLITEDB file size , tiles number or Oruxmaps program limitation ? "

santa

Thanks for help

Best Regards

Radek

Hi Radek;

1) Strange behaviour; the size of the sqlite database files? Normally the problem are the deeper layers!

2)With the last beta, put each map family inside a different folder. In the map selector view, disable the folders that you do not want to use with a long press.

3)OruxMaps has no limits with the maps; the limits come from the fat32 system (4gb per data base, using sqlite format).

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  radekgod Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:33 pm

Hi Orux,

I am not sure if I had last beta realy installed (internal phone memory space issue ),
so now I tested with 100% last beta and it looks like it works as I want :-)
I will try make same GPS coordinates for all map parts to be same for all 3 required maps type, so hope it will be possible choose always from all 3 map version when moved outside of actual map ...

once again many thanks

Regards

Radek

radekgod

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down