OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW VERSION 1.3.2beta

3 posters

Go down

NEW VERSION 1.3.2beta Empty NEW VERSION 1.3.2beta

Post  orux Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:47 pm

Last edited by orux on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:36 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : new betas)
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

NEW VERSION 1.3.2beta Empty My feedback

Post  asperge Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:00 pm

Hi Jose,

First, congratulations for your work, in general OruxMapsDesktop works great.

I've tested the beta and i found this bug: in order to create the directory where the new map will be stored, OruxMapsDesktop takes the map title in the map file. The problem is that sometimes this title contains non valid characters like colon ( : ). Example : "ABONDANCE -UN de Lutin France 2004- Topo 1:25000". Of course if i convert only a few maps, it's not a problem, because i can change directly the map name in OruxMaps, but when i am doing a batch convert of several hundreds maps, it's not convenient Smile
I see two possibilities : 1) The best one : when creating the directory name, replace the non valid characters by space, or 2) take the file name instead of the map title.

A little bit off topic : when you put a lot of new maps in the /maps directory of OruxMaps and 'update the database', it can takes sometimes several seconds, but you don't see anything happening. It would be useful to display a message like 'Updating database. Please wait'.

Thanks for your attention.

asperge

Cantidad de envíos : 49

Back to top Go down

NEW VERSION 1.3.2beta Empty Re: NEW VERSION 1.3.2beta

Post  orux Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:30 pm

asperge wrote:Hi Jose,

First, congratulations for your work, in general OruxMapsDesktop works great.

I've tested the beta and i found this bug: in order to create the directory where the new map will be stored, OruxMapsDesktop takes the map title in the map file. The problem is that sometimes this title contains non valid characters like colon ( : ). Example : "ABONDANCE -UN de Lutin France 2004- Topo 1:25000". Of course if i convert only a few maps, it's not a problem, because i can change directly the map name in OruxMaps, but when i am doing a batch convert of several hundreds maps, it's not convenient Smile
I see two possibilities : 1) The best one : when creating the directory name, replace the non valid characters by space, or 2) take the file name instead of the map title.

Yes, I am going to replace invalid characters.

asperge wrote:A little bit off topic : when you put a lot of new maps in the /maps directory of OruxMaps and 'update the database', it can takes sometimes several seconds, but you don't see anything happening. It would be useful to display a message like 'Updating database. Please wait'.

Thanks for your attention.

You are right; I am going to add a Dialog.

Thanks, asperge.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Boni Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:34 pm

Hello,
I created a map with TrekBuddy as "TrekBuddy tared atlas". The map folder is called "Wander_2009-11-27_160655", folders below are "Wander" -> "Wander 15" and so on.
I started your OruxMapsDesktop and used Atlas Converter on "Wander_2009-11-27_160655". I get this error:

Code:
E:\Misc\Programme\OruxMapsDesktop>java -Xmx512m -jar OruxMapsDesktop.jar
27.11.2009 16:30:31 org.jdesktop.application.Task failed
SCHWERWIEGEND: oruxmapsdesktop.JPanelAtlasConvertor$CreaOruxMapTaskBatch@1627b8b
 failed: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "er"
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "er"
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
        at oruxmapsdesktop.JPanelAtlasConvertor$CreaOruxMapTaskBatch.doInBackground(JPanelAtlasConvertor.java:418)
        at org.jdesktop.swingworker.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.jdesktop.swingworker.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It seems to have problems with the last two characters of my folder. Which folder am I supposed to take as "Atlas Directory"? The atlas-Directory itself or one specific below this one?

Thank you

Boni

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:45 pm

Hi, Boni;

You can create directly maps for OruxMaps with the version of Tb atlas creator:

https://oruxmaps.forumotion.com/general-f8/new-oruxmaps182beta-oruxmapsdesktop131alpha-t126.htm#487

Using this manual:
http://oruxmaps.x10hosting.com/oruxmapsdesktop_quick.pdf

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:47 pm

Boni wrote:Hello,
I created a with TrekBuddy as "TrekBuddy tared atlas". The folder is called "Wander_2009-11-27_160655", folders below are "Wander" -> "Wander 15" and so on.
I started your OruxMapsDesktop and used Atlas Converter on "Wander_2009-11-27_160655". I get this error:

Code:
E:\Misc\Programme\OruxMapsDesktop> -Xmx512m -jar OruxMapsDesktop.jar
27.11.2009 16:30:31 org.jdesktop.application.Task failed
SCHWERWIEGEND: oruxmapsdesktop.JPanelAtlasConvertor$CreaOruxMapTaskBatch@1627b8b
 failed: .lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "er"
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "er"
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
        at oruxmapsdesktop.JPanelAtlasConvertor$CreaOruxMapTaskBatch.doInBackground(JPanelAtlasConvertor.java:418)
        at org.jdesktop.swingworker.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.jdesktop.swingworker.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It seems to have problems with the last two characters of my folder. Which folder am I supposed to take as "Atlas Directory"? The atlas-Directory itself or one specific below this one?

Thank you

With OruxMapsDesktop + atlas, you should select 'Wander' and you have to create 'untared atlas'.

I am going to remove 'atlas convertor' from OruxMapsDesktop, because it is no longer needed.

orux

Last edited by orux on Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I am going to remove 'atlas convertor' from OruxMapsDesktop, because it is no longer needed.)
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Boni2k Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:20 pm

Hello,

sorry, should have read the manual before.
Everything worked fine now. You might want to notice somewhere that people should not upload "Unnamed atlas_2009-11-27_165508" directory but the directory below it instead. That wasn't clear to me.
One little thing: As I scroll my map, I tried to open settings within this map-view. It put up an error and exited. Doesn't bother me too much Smile

I have to make you a compliment:
Your program(s) might not be the most straight forward ones but! it's awesome! It has everything that I miss in other apps. With OruxMaps I don't need to have constant internet connection that would drain the battery, I can easily overlay and retrace existing tracks (like from bikemap.de) and it's free! Can't wait for my next OruxMaps-enabled bike trip. Great service you do!

Boni2k

Cantidad de envíos : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Boni2k wrote:Hello,
sorry, should have read the manual before.
Everything worked fine now. You might want to notice somewhere that people should not upload "Unnamed atlas_2009-11-27_165508" directory but the directory below it instead. That wasn't clear to me.

Sorry, I have this notice in Spanish manual only; I will update English version!

Boni2k wrote:
One little thing: As I scroll my map, I tried to open settings within this map-view. It put up an error and exited. Doesn't bother me too much Smile

Hmmmm, I am worry about this; I can not reproduce this problem. Could you describe exactly what I have to do to reach this 'forced exit'. It is important.

Boni2k wrote:I have to make you a compliment:
Your program(s) might not be the most straight forward ones but! it's awesome! It has everything that I miss in other apps. With OruxMaps I don't need to have constant internet connection that would drain the battery, I can easily overlay and retrace existing tracks (like from bikemap.de) and it's free! Can't wait for my next OruxMaps-enabled bike trip. Great service you do!

Thanks for your comments Smile

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Boni2k Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:59 pm

Well I'm trying to see a logic behind this.

Scenarios:
1. Offline map, GPX track loaded BY using the menu button. "Routes" menu (where you can set Routes Alarm to ON etc.) is not visible. Accessing settings gives an error.
2. Offline map, GPX track loaded BY using onscreen buttons to load a track. "Routes" menu appears. Opening settings and so on works!

So I guess we found our problem: Loading a track differs if you use track-loading through menu or onscreen buttons. You may have a look at that part.

Is there something like a debugging console I could access to give you more information about this error?

EDIT: Another thing I found: There is no visible change when you go to the Routes menu and tap on "Route Alarm (OFF)". It does not change to "Route Alarm (ON)" when you enter the menu again.
And: Is there a way to save statistics for later viewing? Might be interesting for yourself when you can see progress in your fitness or something like that.

Cheers!

Boni2k

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:14 pm

Boni2k wrote:Well I'm trying to see a logic behind this.

Scenarios:
1. Offline map, GPX track loaded BY using the menu button. "Routes" menu (where you can set Routes Alarm to ON etc.) is not visible. Accessing settings gives an error.
2. Offline map, GPX track loaded BY using onscreen buttons to load a track. "Routes" menu appears. Opening settings and so on works!

So I guess we found our problem: Loading a track differs if you use track-loading through menu or onscreen buttons. You may have a look at that part.

Is there something like a debugging console I could access to give you more information about this error?

Boni

EDIT: Another thing I found: There is no visible change when you go to the Routes menu and tap on "Route Alarm (OFF)". It does not change to "Route Alarm (ON)" when you enter the menu again.

Hi, Boni;

Are you using English locale?

Well, in OruxMaps a track is not a route; with 'menu button' you load a track, ready for continue it (default colour is red). This feature is useful when you want to continue an old track. You can not set alarms and 'folow' a track.

With on screen button you load a 'route' (default colour blue). You can not change a route, but you can 'follow' a route (alarms,... ).

I can not reproduce your error; please, send me the gpx file that you are loading --->oruxuro@gmail.com

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:23 pm

Hi,

You can catch 'logcat' (device errors) with 'LogCollector' or 'SendLog' both can be found in the market.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Boni2k Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:48 pm

orux wrote:Are you using English locale?
No, I am using german localization.

Well, in OruxMaps a track is not a route; with 'menu button' you load a track, ready for continue it (default colour is red). This feature is useful when you want to continue an old track. You can not set alarms and 'folow' a track.

With on screen button you load a 'route' (default colour blue). You can not change a route, but you can 'follow' a route (alarms,... ).
Thanks for clarification! In other words: If I am in the "continue existing track"-mode I can not access settings / statistics using the newest Beta.

Did you read my edit?
And: Is there a way to save statistics for later viewing? Might be interesting for yourself when you can see progress in your fitness or something like that.

Cheers, Boni

Boni2k

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:01 pm

Boni2k wrote:
Did you read my edit?

Cheers, Boni

Hi, Boni;

I have found the problem. You are loading a track that was not created with OruxMaps; thus, it has not timestamps, and other necessary things for OruxMaps tracks.

I am going to 'catch' this problem, thanks.

'Route Alarm' button only works if 'Track Route' is (ON). I have to add more information about this.

With a saved track (a route) you can display statistics when you want. I am going to add, in future versions, a button to export statistics in a csv file.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Boni2k Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Very nice find! Of course it was my fault as I was not supposed to load a GPX track with this mode.

This means, if I am in the "follow track" mode (not the tracking mode) and save my followed track afterwards it can be loaded whenever I want? That would be sweet!

Nice work you do Smile

Boni2k

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:23 pm

Boni2k wrote:Very nice find! Of course it was my fault as I was not supposed to load a GPX track with this mode.

This means, if I am in the "follow track" mode (not the tracking mode) and save my followed track afterwards it can be loaded whenever I want? That would be sweet!

Nice work you do Smile

Hi, Boni; solved the problem with your track. It was not your fault, it was my fault, because I forgot this situation. But tomorrow you will be able to load an continue the same 'track' Smile

I want to release a new beta this night, if I have time.

When you save a 'track', it is stored in the sd card as a gpx file. After that, you can:
-->see/follow it as a 'route' (blue color). Or see the statistics of this 'route'.
-->open and edit (continue) it as a 'track', adding new segments.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:08 pm

Hi,

New betas released; see first post in this thread.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down