OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

gpx files doesnt work with other programms

Go down

gpx files doesnt work with other programms Empty gpx files doesnt work with other programms

Post  pknapp on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:21 pm

hello,

i use oruxmaps (version 3.4.2.) with the option automaticly produce gpx files. This works very well on my Android smartphone (Defy). But, if i want to open the *.gpx file with google Earth, maps, gpsies, ore GPS-Track-Analyse.NET on my desktop it doesnt work :-(
What can i do?

Thanks
Peter

pknapp
Guest


Back to top Go down

gpx files doesnt work with other programms Empty Re: gpx files doesnt work with other programms

Post  orux on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:01 pm

pknapp wrote:hello,

i use oruxmaps (version 3.4.2.) with the option automaticly produce gpx files. This works very well on my Android smartphone (Defy). But, if i want to open the *.gpx file with google Earth, maps, gpsies, ore GPS-Track-Analyse.NET on my desktop it doesnt work :-(
What can i do?

Thanks
Peter

Hi, Peter;

Update to 3.4.3.

Or test with new betas --> http://www.oruxmaps.com/cs

orux

_________________
Ahora puedes contribuir:--> DONACIÓN
Now you can contribute:--> DONATE
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946
Fecha de inscripción : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

gpx files doesnt work with other programms Empty Re: gpx files doesnt work with other programms

Post  pknapp on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi orux,

thanks. Now runs oruxmaps 3.5.28 and i can export and view the gpx files in Google earth etc. But now i have an other problem with tracks i had downloaded an copied to my sdcard.´Now (after update), oruxmaps did not find the new tracks?

Any Idea?

Thanks
Peter

pknapp
Guest


Back to top Go down

gpx files doesnt work with other programms Empty Re: gpx files doesnt work with other programms

Post  orux on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:25 pm

pknapp wrote:Hi orux,

thanks. Now runs oruxmaps 3.5.28 and i can export and view the gpx files in Google earth etc. But now i have an other problem with tracks i had downloaded an copied to my sdcard.´Now (after update), oruxmaps did not find the new tracks?

Any Idea?

Thanks
Peter

Where do you have your old tracks? Check the directory in settings.

Are you talking about gpx files or the OruxMaps tracks data base. Remember that in 3.5.xx the tracks database is, yes or yes, in the /oruxmaps/tracklogs/ directory.

orux

_________________
Ahora puedes contribuir:--> DONACIÓN
Now you can contribute:--> DONATE
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946
Fecha de inscripción : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

gpx files doesnt work with other programms Empty Re: gpx files doesnt work with other programms

Post  pknapp on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:58 pm

Hi orux,

im talking about gpx files i´ve downloaded from gpsies. I´ve testet with 3 tracks - no function :-). If i record a track with orus, i can find it (Manage)! Now i,ve deleted all old tracks and codpied 5 in the /oruxmaps/tracklogs/ directory. Now, i can´t find any track?

Thanks a lot for you support
Peter


pknapp
Guest


Back to top Go down

gpx files doesnt work with other programms Empty Re: gpx files doesnt work with other programms

Post  orux on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:04 pm

pknapp wrote:Hi orux,

im talking about gpx files i´ve downloaded from gpsies. I´ve testet with 3 tracks - no function :-). If i record a track with orus, i can find it (Manage)! Now i,ve deleted all old tracks and codpied 5 in the /oruxmaps/tracklogs/ directory. Now, i can´t find any track?

Thanks a lot for you support
Peter


Hi, Peter;

After copying the files in /tracklogs directory, if you want to display those gpx you can:

a) load directly to the map viewer--> 'route' button (3.5.xx versions), then 'load file' or
b) import to OruxMaps database--> 'route' or 'track' button, 'manage', then menu, 'import track'

orux

_________________
Ahora puedes contribuir:--> DONACIÓN
Now you can contribute:--> DONATE
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946
Fecha de inscripción : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

gpx files doesnt work with other programms Empty Re: gpx files doesnt work with other programms

Post  pknapp on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:15 pm

it works, thanks a lot!!
Paypal send you 3.- € in a few Minutes

Peter

pknapp
Guest


Back to top Go down

gpx files doesnt work with other programms Empty Re: gpx files doesnt work with other programms

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum