OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

flaky behavior

Go down

flaky behavior Empty flaky behavior

Post  16319874 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:26 pm

I finally have PNGs converted with OruxMapsDesktop downloaded into the Android app (1.8.5, on Android OS 1.5)

First I could not set OruxMaps to look at the new maps I had created. The same error message about resetting the DB, with no menu item to match.
I now see Exit as a menu item. It was never there before. I select Exit, and re-enter OruxMaps. It now likes my new charts, and even displays them.
But now it is attached to the middle of the chart with a "rubber band", even though one of the charts does not encompass my present position. So what does this rubber band anchor mean? When I select "erase tracks" [there were no tracks] OM switches to my other map. ??

New mystery: the menu item "Exit" no longer exists.

And the old problem still persists: There is no menu item to update the maps DB.

The earlier symptom I reported for the desktop (refuses to accept a directory unless it is empty) was not precisely reported: the behavior is that the Desktop Convertor does not accept a directory if there are non-Orux files in it. It will continue to populate a directory if the only folders contained are other Orux maps.

Back to top Go down

flaky behavior Empty mea culpa

Post  16319874 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:45 pm

I have discovered that while in the normal map viewing window, pressing Menu does not display Extit or Update Maps DB

You have to be in the top-level screen for menu to behave in this way

I also discovered that the manual says this !

Mea culpa

Micheal

Back to top Go down

flaky behavior Empty Re: flaky behavior

Post  orux on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:54 am

16319874 wrote:
But now it is attached to the middle of the chart with a "rubber band", even though one of the charts does not encompass my present position. So what does this rubber band anchor mean? When I select "erase tracks" [there were no tracks] OM switches to my other map. ??

Could you send me the map (if it is not very large) to oruxuro@gmail.com ?

Or a screen capture...

If you want to switch to other map use 'Maps' button in menu (map viewer). Or use autoload feature (If the maps are adjacent.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

flaky behavior Empty Re: flaky behavior

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum