OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question: move "mapfiles folder" or duplicate it ?

2 posters

Go down

Question: move "mapfiles folder" or duplicate it ? Empty Question: move "mapfiles folder" or duplicate it ?

Post  Vongraz Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:49 pm

I have copied my "mapfiles" folder to the external sd-card and my offlinemaps are ok
Do I can (or do I must) delete the old folder in directory "G:/Oruxmaps/Mapsfiles" (with inside only the files: onlinemapssources.xml, wms_services.xml and OruxMapsCacheImages) ?

If I must to change with notepad the onlinemapssources.xml do I must change the old file in the telephone memory or the file moved in the external sx ?

Thank you for help
best regards
Giorgio

Vongraz

Cantidad de envíos : 11

Back to top Go down

Question: move "mapfiles folder" or duplicate it ? Empty Re: Question: move "mapfiles folder" or duplicate it ?

Post  orux Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:09 pm

Vongraz wrote:I have copied my "mapfiles" folder to the external sd-card and my offlinemaps are ok
Do I can (or do I must) delete the old folder in directory "G:/Oruxmaps/Mapsfiles" (with inside only the files: onlinemapssources.xml, wms_services.xml and OruxMapsCacheImages) ?

If I must to change with notepad the onlinemapssources.xml do I must change the old file in the telephone memory or the file moved in the external sx ?

Thank you for help
best regards
Giorgio

Hi;

you can move the maps, but not the configuration files (xml files), and cache database. OruxMaps always goes to /sdcard/oruxmaps/mapfiles/ folder.

May be you can move all the files in subsequent versions. You could not because it caused many problems for people that only moved the maps, but not the configuration files, in old OruxMaps versions.

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Question: move "mapfiles folder" or duplicate it ? Empty Re: Question: move "mapfiles folder" or duplicate it ?

Post  Vongraz Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:19 pm

thank you very much

Vongraz

Cantidad de envíos : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down