OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waiting (forever) for GPS position fix

Go down

Waiting (forever) for GPS position fix Empty Waiting (forever) for GPS position fix

Post  427237 Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:53 pm

Orux does not always find a map for my location and center my location on the map (even when using online Google maps). It seems stuck on my last location. When I select "Actual Location" it just says "Waiting for GPS position fix" forever even though if I switch out to Google Maps itself plus CoPilot Live those can quickly find my location.

Any ideas why it does not seem to acquire the GPS satellites?

Back to top Go down

Waiting (forever) for GPS position fix Empty Re: Waiting (forever) for GPS position fix

Post  orux Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:47 pm

427237 wrote:Orux does not always find a map for my location and center my location on the map (even when using online Google maps). It seems stuck on my last location. When I select "Actual Location" it just says "Waiting for GPS position fix" forever even though if I switch out to Google Maps itself plus CoPilot Live those can quickly find my location.

Any ideas why it does not seem to acquire the GPS satellites?

Hello;

You have to wait for gps icon in the status bar stops flashing. At that time OruxMaps gets gps signal. If you are inside a building, probably will not have GPS coverage.

Google Maps also uses network location, but OruxMaps not used because it has poor accuracy for outdoor activities.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Waiting (forever) for GPS position fix Empty Re: Waiting (forever) for GPS position fix

Post  alessand Tue May 25, 2010 6:35 pm

network has poor accuracy but really helps the real gps to fix faster.
may be a very good thing for orux to support this in the future (like google maps)

alessand

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue May 25, 2010 6:36 pm

alessand wrote:network has poor accuracy but really helps the real gps to fix faster.
may be a very good thing for orux to support this in the future (like google maps)

Hi, alessand;

2.8 version uses network for first fix.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down