OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to create a weight optimized multilayer/multizoom/multitype map on Mobile Atlas Creator ?

Go down

How to create a weight optimized multilayer/multizoom/multitype map on Mobile Atlas Creator ? Empty How to create a weight optimized multilayer/multizoom/multitype map on Mobile Atlas Creator ?

Post  Nicolas Tue May 11, 2010 5:13 pm

Hello,

I have a problem similar to that expressed by pjax in your tutorial "How to create multilayer maps ...", I would like to limit the volume on my SDcard, not creating maps on the empty areas or limiting the detail above.

Because I can't select non-rectangular areas, I tried to get the same result with different layers in MOBAC 1.8 Alpha 5.
But I get as many cards as layers which is not practical to use in OruxMap.
In addition I would like to also create a map combining different zoom levels on different parts of the map.
For example: a country with wide view (zoom 5-9), a zoom of 3 light regions (10-12 zoom) and details of 3 cities by region (13-15 zoom).

Currently I'm juggling about 13 maps, and it can quickly become unmanageable if we complicate the division or that we want the same for several types of views (Google Maps / Ground / Earth).

One card is not identified but fortunately OruxMaps automatically lets you switch to a different zoom map but does not systematically propose the choice when it reaches the limit of zoom and sometimes switch to a other type of view (ground to maps for exemple).

Is it possible to manually create an XML parent to recognize all the layers into a single card?

Can you imagine a change MOBAC for better management of the layers of different zoom (except for managing multiple, unless Oruxmap evolves to separate and switch types of view).
This means that it must recognize the areas of duplication between different layers during the build.

Thank you in advance if you have an idea for create and managing weight optimized multilayer/multizoom/multitype maps.

Nicolas

Back to top Go down

How to create a weight optimized multilayer/multizoom/multitype map on Mobile Atlas Creator ? Empty Retry

Post  Nicolas Wed May 12, 2010 12:39 pm

Hello, I tried a new method, I created layers of different part of the map and zoom.

Simplified example:

Layer 1: north with zoom 12-14
Layer 2: south with zoom 12-13
Layer 3: est with zoom is 12

Then drag & drop to consolidate all zoom views in a single layer (so the same map).

In my example the layer then contains the following views:
- est 12
- north 12
- north 13
- north 14
- south 12
- south 13

OruxMaps only recognizes the first part find (in alphabetic order) by level of zoom, normal?

Orux, can you help me?
Or there is no other way than to create an extra heavy map or multiple maps...

Thank you in advance.

Nicolas

Back to top Go down

How to create a weight optimized multilayer/multizoom/multitype map on Mobile Atlas Creator ? Empty Re: How to create a weight optimized multilayer/multizoom/multitype map on Mobile Atlas Creator ?

Post  orux Wed May 12, 2010 5:11 pm

Nicolas wrote:Hello, I tried a new method, I created layers of different part of the map and zoom.

Simplified example:

Layer 1: north with zoom 12-14
Layer 2: south with zoom 12-13
Layer 3: est with zoom is 12

Then drag & drop to consolidate all zoom views in a single layer (so the same map).

In my example the layer then contains the following views:
- est 12
- north 12
- north 13
- north 14
- south 12
- south 13

OruxMaps only recognizes the first part find (in alphabetic order) by level of zoom, normal?

Orux, can you help me?
Or there is no other way than to create an extra heavy map or multiple maps...

Thank you in advance.

Hi, Nicolas;

With current version of MOBAC/OruxMaps you can only make rectangular selections. Each selection you add to the atlas, MOBAC should create a different map for OruxMaps.

If you select Auto load map when 'leaving current map', instead 'always', OruxMaps will ask you which map do you want to load.

I do not understand how do you create one map from different map selections with 'drag & drop'.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

How to create a weight optimized multilayer/multizoom/multitype map on Mobile Atlas Creator ? Empty Re: How to create a weight optimized multilayer/multizoom/multitype map on Mobile Atlas Creator ?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down