OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing files in dem, customwpts and sometimes in mapfiles folders.

3 posters

Go down

Missing files in dem, customwpts and sometimes in mapfiles folders. Empty Missing files in dem, customwpts and sometimes in mapfiles folders.

Post  Adriann Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:03 pm

Happy new year!
I have a HTC Explore Android 2.3.5. I move and rename some mapfiles and bang, the maps file from mapfiles folder disappear so is impossible to select an offline map (refresh not working). I clear the data and cache and files in mapfiles folder reappear and can be selected. This is not the case for the customwpt folder and dem folder where the files is still invisible. This is very strange because the dem files seems to be working (i have altitude indication in dashboard when I scroll maps). I can also select a cursor from setings but the cursors is invisible for internal file manager.
I don't know if is related, but I can't change the folders path from setings. Wen I tap the dem file folder or maps directory in settings - maps I have no option, the keyboard briefly flash and immediately I am redirected in internal file manager were the files is, of course, invisible :-)
In all this cases the missing files is perfectly ok in OI file manager so I think this is a bug somehow related to internal file manager.
If I can give you more details, please ask. I'm here on duty to serve a great app :-)
No kidding Orux, this is the best outdoor app by far. Period.

Adriann

Cantidad de envíos : 7

Back to top Go down

Missing files in dem, customwpts and sometimes in mapfiles folders. Empty Re: Missing files in dem, customwpts and sometimes in mapfiles folders.

Post  nurembergueso Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi Adriann,

you wrote:
In all this cases the missing files is perfectly ok in OI file manager so I think this is a bug somehow related to internal file manager.

It doesn't seem to be a bug, though I find the behaviour also confusing. OM internal file manager only shows folders but no files itselves. See https://oruxmaps.forumotion.com/t3044-hgt-files-not-displayed.

I guess, the paths for the different items are preset and cannot be changed. The paths are only displayed to show you where new objects, you want to import from extern, should be stored.

Kind regards
nurembergueso

nurembergueso

Cantidad de envíos : 14

Back to top Go down

Missing files in dem, customwpts and sometimes in mapfiles folders. Empty Re: Missing files in dem, customwpts and sometimes in mapfiles folders.

Post  Adriann Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:40 pm

Hi nurembergueso,

Thanks for your answer. I read the thread you mentioned and now I understand. It seems we are talking about a folder manager not a file manager. A folder viewer... A folder selector... A folder chooser... :-)
Thanks again for your answer.

And thanks Jose for your solution.

Adriann

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:07 pm

Adriann wrote:Hi nurembergueso,

Thanks for your answer. I read the thread you mentioned and now I understand. It seems we are talking about a folder manager not a file manager. A folder viewer... A folder selector... A folder chooser... :-)
Thanks again for your answer.

And thanks Jose for your solution.

Hi;

You can change the folders, 'double tap' the new folder you want to use, using the OM file/folder browser.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Adriann Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi Jose,

Aha, now I see "double tap to select" - pop up. It was always there, I was sometimes blind :-) Probably I was confused by the large space below the folders names were in a file manager the files use to be...

Thanks a lot.

Adriann

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down