OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Switch for different map-definitions in XML

2 posters

Go down

Switch for different map-definitions in XML Empty Switch for different map-definitions in XML

Post  long-E-dude Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:33 am

Hi Orux,

a couple of days ago I upgraded to the new version. Great new features and a beautiful look!

Since a few months I am using now Christians (kech61) openandromaps in Oruxmaps. You and Christian are just a great team!
Lately I fiddled a bit with Christians XML-definitions to have a better display of cross-country skiing tracks. Thats a cool way to customize the maps. This way I have just one large MAP-file and I can have a few rather small XML-Files with different definitions for nordic skiing, for biking, hiking and motorized mobility, just with the colours I like. Really COOL!
The switching between the differnent styles is now done by copying the adapted XML-file into the right directory before starting Oruxmaps. That's not so cool. Rolling Eyes
Would it be possible to integrate a "selector" for different XML-files in Oruxmaps?

Maybe there is already a good way for doing this integrated in Oruxmaps and I just don't know about it. Maybe there is already a much cooler way to customize maps in Oruxmaps and I don't know about it. Are there other users who can answer these questions? So José must not do all the work?

Keep it up!

E

long-E-dude

Cantidad de envíos : 8

Back to top Go down

Switch for different map-definitions in XML Empty Re: Switch for different map-definitions in XML

Post  TheDuke Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:17 am

Hello,

We have already expressed the desire and hope that he will soon be fulfilled.
Look here

greets
TheDuke

TheDuke

Cantidad de envíos : 41

Back to top Go down

Switch for different map-definitions in XML Empty Re: Switch for different map-definitions in XML

Post  long-E-dude Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:47 pm

TheDuke wrote:We have already expressed the desire and hope that he will soon be fulfilled.
Look here

greets
TheDuke

Now that you are writing, I found it, too. Fabrizios request is exactly what I want. I should have searched mapstyle instead of XML...
Anyway, great news.

Cheers

E

long-E-dude

Cantidad de envíos : 8

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down