OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Map download failure:

2 posters

Go down

Map download failure: Empty Map download failure:

Post  Mrglass2 Wed May 26, 2010 2:14 pm

Using the new map creator tool - If I select a large are to download (300km square) and approx 28MB in size, the download will get to ~75% and then the screen will revert to the map - it will not say "download completed successfully" and the map fails to load.

Maybe a limitation of download size? Works fine for smaller maps (100km square <10MB).

Great App - Thanks again.

Mrglass2

Back to top Go down

Map download failure: Empty Re: Map download failure:

Post  orux Wed May 26, 2010 6:31 pm

Mrglass2 wrote:Using the new map creator tool - If I select a large are to download (300km square) and approx 28MB in size, the download will get to ~75% and then the screen will revert to the map - it will not say "download completed successfully" and the map fails to load.

Maybe a limitation of download size? Works fine for smaller maps (100km square <10MB).

Great App - Thanks again.

Hmmmm, perhaps a bug;

Which android version do you have?

The same thing always happens?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrglass2 Thu May 27, 2010 2:13 am

Android 1.6 on an Archos 5 Internet tablet.

Only does it with larger downloads - tried to download the whole of Texas on all levels for a 38MB file but at 75% approx it fails - tried at least 2-3 times does the same.

It's ok with smaller downloads though ~10-15MB.

Mrglass2

Back to top Go down

Map download failure: Empty Update / More info:

Post  Mrglass2 Thu May 27, 2010 6:59 pm

I tried a 500km x 500km download (VFR charts) of Florida (zoom level 5 - about 68MB) and it downloaded fine.

So I tried the Texas area again and it still fails at about 70% - the section that fails in to the right hand side of the total map download, in this section you only see the "pending download" icons and no maps. (Are that fails is around Houston - if that makes any difference)

I have gotten around this problem by splitting the download into two and the missing tiles all show up - so it's not like that part of the country is "un-downloadable" - it is, just not in a huge batch download.

Thanks again.

Mrglass2

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu May 27, 2010 8:19 pm

Mrglass2 wrote:I tried a 500km x 500km download (VFR charts) of Florida (zoom level 5 - about 68MB) and it downloaded fine.

So I tried the Texas area again and it still fails at about 70% - the section that fails in to the right hand side of the total map download, in this section you only see the "pending download" icons and no maps. (Are that fails is around Houston - if that makes any difference)

I have gotten around this problem by splitting the download into two and the missing tiles all show up - so it's not like that part of the country is "un-downloadable" - it is, just not in a huge batch download.

Thanks again.

Thanks;

I will try to reproduce this error,

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  MB Thu May 27, 2010 9:28 pm

I experienced something similar today when trying to download some big maps (9000 tiles at high zoom levels, ca 200MB) (although I was aware of the warnings, I wanted to try...). The downloading speed dropped gradually, and after ca 30 minutes, the process stopped completely. All the three times I tried this (with different map sources), the process had apparently stopped during sleeping mode. When I opened the screen, I got the message "Do you really want to delete this map / abort the process" (cannot remember exactly). Although I answered "No", the process was not resumed.

A map had been created, but it covered only ca the half of the desired area, and some squares (single or multiple tiles? - always squares) were missing - although the info box (unlike MOBAC) always said that "0 tiles were not loaded". When I moved the cursor to the right hand side of the map, - the missing part - the program behaved as if the map was completely downloaded - it did not, as usually, ask me to choose a new map.

Android 2.1, HTC Desire, Map sources: Statkart Topo2 (Thanks for including it!), Google Satellite, Microsoft Earth

Thanks again for a great app!

MB

Cantidad de envíos : 70

Back to top Go down

Post  MB Thu May 27, 2010 9:32 pm

... forgot to mention that I suspect a conflict between the map downloader and the phone's automatic syncing with Gmail, Exchange etc. When I opened the screen and the process had stopped, the phone all the three times indicated a sync error (sync icon and exclamation mark in status bar).

MB

MB

Cantidad de envíos : 70

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri May 28, 2010 2:56 pm

MB wrote:... forgot to mention that I suspect a conflict between the map downloader and the phone's automatic syncing with Gmail, Exchange etc. When I opened the screen and the process had stopped, the phone all the three times indicated a sync error (sync icon and exclamation mark in status bar).

MB

Thanks for the info;

There is a problem that I can not catch, after thousands of megas downloaded Smile

How Map creator works?

When there are errors while downloading, retries again, but if more than 10% errors, stops downloading, and displays the message to delete the wrong map created.

I will work with this problem.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Map download failure: Empty Stil happening

Post  mrglass2 Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Just thought i'd update.
This download problem is still happening, but ONLY on the IFR Low charts. I tested the HIGH charts and was able to download a 2000x2000km area no problem.

Again, the issue is based around Dallas TX - If I try to download let's say 2000x2000km on all zoom levels it will fail after a random amount of %. There is no error message the download dialogue just goes away without reaching 100%. This map is then viewable, but obviously a lot of the area is missing.

This is why I'd like the aviation charts on Atlas Creator so I can just download the whole USA!

Still an awesome program and still using it every single day.

mrglass2

Back to top Go down

Post  aphalos Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:26 pm

I have the same problem here. Here is what I tried:

- Using Open Street Maps Cycle Map and Mapnik
- To download a map in Germany
- I have selected various different areas
- Area size was about 15x30km
- Loading the zoom levels 10-15
- Which leads to ~300mb of download size
- And around 1500 tiles

Orux Maps starts to download the tiles and after about 30 tiles it interrupts and reloads the standard map screen. If I try to access the downloaded maps after that, it always prompts the error "Can't open the map. Try to restart the programm via menu". I'm running Android 2.1 on the Motorola Milestone, SD card has 2.1GB space left.

Thanks for working on that problem! You have just made the best Android Maps tool, I ever tried. This makes hiking a lot of fun. 1000 thanks to you! Smile

- aphalos

aphalos

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:33 pm

aphalos wrote:I have the same problem here. Here is what I tried:

- Using Open Street Maps Cycle Map and Mapnik
- To download a map in Germany
- I have selected various different areas
- Area size was about 15x30km
- Loading the zoom levels 10-15
- Which leads to ~300mb of download size
- And around 1500 tiles

Orux Maps starts to download the tiles and after about 30 tiles it interrupts and reloads the standard map screen. If I try to access the downloaded maps after that, it always prompts the error "Can't open the map. Try to restart the programm via menu". I'm running Android 2.1 on the Motorola Milestone, SD card has 2.1GB space left.

Thanks for working on that problem! You have just made the best Android Maps tool, I ever tried. This makes hiking a lot of fun. 1000 thanks to you! Smile

- aphalos

Hi;

please, test last beta; you can resume a download after a failure.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Map download failure: Empty Same problem here

Post  TaFIN Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:56 am

I have the same problem trying to download OpenStreetMap Cyclemap map tiles using Map Creator. The MC tells me that it´s downloading, but there are no tiles downloaded. The indicator says "Tiles downloaded: 0" forever. I have tried using W-lan and HSDPA with no result other than the mentioned.

TaFIN

Back to top Go down