OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OruxMaps hangs when zooming/panning

3 posters

Go down

OruxMaps hangs when zooming/panning Empty OruxMaps hangs when zooming/panning

Post  donpro Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:41 pm

Hi Jose,

I have problems with OruxMaps, starting with version 5, on my Xperia Active with Android 2.3.4.
Today I installed version 5.2.3, still the same issues. I tried to reset the preferences, but no luck so far.

When opening OruxMaps, the map comes up, using offline maps from here: http://www.openandromaps.org/ (mapsforge, germany_south)
After having used two-finger zoom and having panned a few times, Oruxmaps does not respond in an appropriate fashion anymore: Mostly, the map is rendered properly, but although changing the zoom level, the map does not reflect the change. Some finger gestures later, the map does not show any reaction on gestures at all. The main menu does not work as expected, too: It might be opened via the menu button, but when selecting menu items, OruxMaps just says "Loading", and no further menus show up. For example, the preferences, the about, the profile and the help menus do not work (the tools and the tweaks menus do work). After closing OruxMaps (which is possible via the back button), the game starts over. Initially, Oruxmaps works as expected, but then, it stops responding.

alogcat does not show messages that look interesting to me, except these lines:

Code:
I/ActivityManager(  227): No longer want com.sonyericsson.android.bootinfo:remote (pid 545): hidden #16
I/ActivityManager(  227): No longer want com.sonyericsson.crashmonitor (pid 530): hidden #17
D/kernel  (  125): [ 1896.881439] binder: 227:394 transaction failed 29189, size 228-4
W/ActivityManager(  227): Exception when unbinding service com.sonyericsson.android.bootinfo/.MiscTaService
W/ActivityManager(  227): android.os.DeadObjectException
W/ActivityManager(  227):    at android.os.BinderProxy.transact(Native Method)
W/ActivityManager(  227):    at android.app.ApplicationThreadProxy.scheduleUnbindService(ApplicationThreadNative.java:621)
W/ActivityManager(  227):    at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.removeConnectionLocked(ActivityManagerService.java:9620)
W/ActivityManager(  227):    at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.killServicesLocked(ActivityManagerService.java:8200)
W/ActivityManager(  227):    at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.cleanUpApplicationRecordLocked(ActivityManagerService.java:8344)
W/ActivityManager(  227):    at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.handleAppDiedLocked(ActivityManagerService.java:2579)
W/ActivityManager(  227):    at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.appDiedLocked(ActivityManagerService.java:2712)
W/ActivityManager(  227):    at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService$AppDeathRecipient.binderDied(ActivityManagerService.java:966)
W/ActivityManager(  227):    at android.os.BinderProxy.sendDeathNotice(Binder.java:389)
W/ActivityManager(  227):    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)
W/ActivityManager(  227): Exception when stopping service com.sonyericsson.android.bootinfo/.MiscTaService
W/ActivityManager(  227): android.os.DeadObjectException
W/ActivityManager(  227):    at android.os.BinderProxy.transact(Native Method)
W/ActivityManager(  227):    at android.app.ApplicationThreadProxy.scheduleStopService(ApplicationThreadNative.java:649)
W/ActivityManager(  227):    at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.bringDownServiceLocked(ActivityManagerService.java:9153)
W/ActivityManager(  227):    at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.removeConnectionLocked(ActivityManagerService.java:9628)
W/ActivityManager(  227):    at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.killServicesLocked(ActivityManagerService.java:8200)
W/ActivityManager(  227):    at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.cleanUpApplicationRecordLocked(ActivityManagerService.java:8344)
W/ActivityManager(  227):    at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.handleAppDiedLocked(ActivityManagerService.java:2579)
W/ActivityManager(  227):    at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.appDiedLocked(ActivityManagerService.java:2712)
W/ActivityManager(  227):    at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService$AppDeathRecipient.binderDied(ActivityManagerService.java:966)
W/ActivityManager(  227):    at android.os.BinderProxy.sendDeathNotice(Binder.java:389)
W/ActivityManager(  227):    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)
W/ActivityManager(  227): Scheduling restart of crashed service com.sonyericsson.crashmonitor/.CrashMonitorService in 5000ms
W/InputManagerService(  227): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@2b4bb028
I/ActivityManager(  227): Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10100000 cmp=org.jtb.alogcat/.LogActivity bnds=[233,186][308,296] } from pid 227

However, I do not know whether these messages are related to OruxMaps.

OruxMaps 4.8 did work flawlessly.

Any help is very appreciated! I will provide you with any data you might need.

Thank you for this great app (although version 5.2 is not usable for me at the moment)!

Cheers,

Donpro

PS: By the way, would it be possible to introduce another option for vertical speed units: meter/hour (m/h) would be very interesting for cycling, at least ...

donpro

Cantidad de envíos : 16

Back to top Go down

OruxMaps hangs when zooming/panning Empty Re: OruxMaps hangs when zooming/panning

Post  epic Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:49 pm

Me too for Xiaomi phone M1 running Android 2.3.5.
Try allow only digital zoom for Pinch Zoom.

epic

Cantidad de envíos : 10

Back to top Go down

OruxMaps hangs when zooming/panning Empty Pinch zoom

Post  donpro Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi epic,

thank you for your help! Yes, switching to "digital zoom only" for pinch zoom prevents OruxMaps from hanging on my Xperia Active.

However, it is not so satisfying having to use a workaround. I use the pinch zoom quite often. Is it related to this version of android, or is a fix possible? Thank you for any help!

Cheers

Donpro

donpro

Back to top Go down

OruxMaps hangs when zooming/panning Empty Re: OruxMaps hangs when zooming/panning

Post  orux Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:10 pm

donpro wrote:Hi epic,

thank you for your help! Yes, switching to "digital zoom only" for pinch zoom prevents OruxMaps from hanging on my Xperia Active.

However, it is not so satisfying having to use a workaround. I use the pinch zoom quite often. Is it related to this version of android, or is a fix possible? Thank you for any help!

Cheers

Donpro

Hi;

thanks;

I will try to find the problem,

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:41 pm

donpro wrote:Hi epic,

Cheers

Donpro

Hi;

I need help in order to catch that bug (beta testers)--> oruxuro@gmail.com

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

OruxMaps hangs when zooming/panning Empty Works now as expected (tested in OruxMaps 5.2.4)!

Post  donpro Sat May 04, 2013 3:12 pm

Hi,

I tested again with combined mode for the pinch zoom: Now zooming works as expected on my Xperia Active with Android 2.3.4!

I tested with most recent OruxMaps 5.2.4.

Great work! Thanks a lot, Orux!

Cheers

Donpro

donpro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down