OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

import rasterized picture kmz files from googe earth

2 posters

Go down

import rasterized picture kmz files from googe earth  Empty import rasterized picture kmz files from googe earth

Post  gabonacorp Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:05 pm

Hi,

First of all Oruxmaps is great, congrats for all the developers and supporters from Hungary. You guys are great!

Secondly I often use Google Earth to make custom-like maps, upload pic-cover, set up the proper coordinates, draw some lines or polygons, etc. When I finish with all the custom settings I export the desired area to a kmz file and use in my Garmin Dakota as a covering layer so I can navigate in my custom made map-like pic.

I know there is the custom offline mapmaker option (oruxmapdesktop) but I wonder how great would it be if I can import these kmz files to the Oruxmaps and use as a layer. Actually I CAN import these files already, but they doesn't works properly. It just not shows anything. If the kmz only contains vector like data (lines, shapes, etc.) it works perfectly in Oruxmaps, but if there is any rasterized pic in it it won't show up in the map. It shows up in the overlay menu but I can't see anything in the main window.

What you think guys, is it possible to make this work?

Thank you for your hard and great effort to make this software for the community.

Cheers from Hungary,

Gabona

gabonacorp

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

import rasterized picture kmz files from googe earth  Empty Re: import rasterized picture kmz files from googe earth

Post  orux Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:05 pm

gabonacorp wrote:Hi,

First of all Oruxmaps is great, congrats for all the developers and supporters from Hungary. You guys are great!

Secondly I often use Google Earth to make custom-like maps, upload pic-cover, set up the proper coordinates, draw some lines or polygons, etc. When I finish with all the custom settings I export the desired area to a kmz file and use in my Garmin Dakota as a covering layer so I can navigate in my custom made map-like pic.

I know there is the custom offline mapmaker option (oruxmapdesktop) but I wonder how great would it be if I can import these kmz files to the Oruxmaps and use as a layer. Actually I CAN import these files already, but they doesn't works properly. It just not shows anything. If the kmz only contains vector like data (lines, shapes, etc.) it works perfectly in Oruxmaps, but if there is any rasterized pic in it it won't show up in the map. It shows up in the overlay menu but I can't see anything in the main window.

What you think guys, is it possible to make this work?

Thank you for your hard and great effort to make this software for the community.

Cheers from Hungary,

Gabona

Hi;

There are many limitations in android to work with large images, or to reproject the images over the map.

It is not an easy task.

Because of that, OruxMaps only works with some tiled map formats.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

import rasterized picture kmz files from googe earth  Empty Re: import rasterized picture kmz files from googe earth

Post  gabonacorp Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:29 am

ok, I understand.

One last question:

What about an easy import/export function for OruxMapDesktop? If it has the possibility to import kmz files what contains rasterized pictures and gps information (it has to have gps infos, because Garmin Dakota handle the file correctly so I am sure it gets the gps coordinates from the same file), and export it to an offline map for OruxMap.

How do you feel about this? Smile

thanks,

Andras

gabonacorp

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down