OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot import (possibly huge?) .loc file

Go down

Cannot import (possibly huge?) .loc file Empty Cannot import (possibly huge?) .loc file

Post  kpajko79 on Sat May 29, 2010 11:31 am

Hi,

First, thanks for working on such a good app. With my custom Mobile Atlas Creator I was able to create a map of Hungary (a whopping 93000 square kilometres) using the map source Turaterkep (Hungary) with zoom levels of 7-15, which then was converted by a home-grown tool to a 880MB SQlite database. And yep, it works in OruxMaps like a charm Smile

During trying out things in OruxMaps, I've stumbled on a possible limitation, which is not checked for correctly and leads to a force close. When I try to import a .loc file containing all of the geocaches in Hungary, a message appears asking me to wait until the process finishes, it disappears after a couple of seconds, and after about half a minute a force close dialog box appears on the screen.
The .loc file is 2.3MB, and contains 9833 geocaches.

I couldn't find any information about the format OruxMaps is able to import, only a small snip in this forum. The file I try to import seems compatible with that. But anyway, here's the structure:

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<loc version="1.0" src="Groundspeak">

<waypoint>
<name id="GCCEKE"><![CDATA[Patay-kastely, Cekehaza:2.0/2.0,H,R100529,U-]]></name>
<coord lat="48.2824666667" lon="21.2084333333"/>
<type>Geocache</type>
<link text="GCCEKE">http://geocaching.hu/caches.geo?id=3284</link>
</waypoint>

</loc>

Could you please take a look at what could have failed?

Bye,
pajko

kpajko79

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Cannot import (possibly huge?) .loc file Empty Re: Cannot import (possibly huge?) .loc file

Post  orux on Sat May 29, 2010 4:23 pm

kpajko79 wrote:Hi,

First, thanks for working on such a good app. With my custom Mobile Atlas Creator I was able to create a map of Hungary (a whopping 93000 square kilometres) using the map source Turaterkep (Hungary) with zoom levels of 7-15, which then was converted by a home-grown tool to a 880MB SQlite database. And yep, it works in OruxMaps like a charm Smile

During trying out things in OruxMaps, I've stumbled on a possible limitation, which is not checked for correctly and leads to a force close. When I try to import a .loc file containing all of the geocaches in Hungary, a message appears asking me to wait until the process finishes, it disappears after a couple of seconds, and after about half a minute a force close dialog box appears on the screen.
The .loc file is 2.3MB, and contains 9833 geocaches.

I couldn't find any information about the format OruxMaps is able to import, only a small snip in this forum. The file I try to import seems compatible with that. But anyway, here's the structure:

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<loc version="1.0" src="Groundspeak">

<waypoint>
<name id="GCCEKE"><![CDATA[Patay-kastely, Cekehaza:2.0/2.0,H,R100529,U-]]></name>
<coord lat="48.2824666667" lon="21.2084333333"/>
<type>Geocache</type>
<link text="GCCEKE">http://geocaching.hu/caches.geo?id=3284</link>
</waypoint>

</loc>

Could you please take a look at what could have failed?

Bye,
pajko

Hi, kpajko79;

Could you send me this file? -->oruxuro@gmail.com

Sure it is too large; but I can make some tests.

orux

orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum