OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Cannot import (possibly huge?) .loc file

Go down

Cannot import (possibly huge?) .loc file Empty Cannot import (possibly huge?) .loc file

Post  kpajko79 on Sat May 29, 2010 11:31 am

Hi,

First, thanks for working on such a good app. With my custom Mobile Atlas Creator I was able to create a map of Hungary (a whopping 93000 square kilometres) using the map source Turaterkep (Hungary) with zoom levels of 7-15, which then was converted by a home-grown tool to a 880MB SQlite database. And yep, it works in OruxMaps like a charm Smile

During trying out things in OruxMaps, I've stumbled on a possible limitation, which is not checked for correctly and leads to a force close. When I try to import a .loc file containing all of the geocaches in Hungary, a message appears asking me to wait until the process finishes, it disappears after a couple of seconds, and after about half a minute a force close dialog box appears on the screen.
The .loc file is 2.3MB, and contains 9833 geocaches.

I couldn't find any information about the format OruxMaps is able to import, only a small snip in this forum. The file I try to import seems compatible with that. But anyway, here's the structure:

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<loc version="1.0" src="Groundspeak">

<waypoint>
<name id="GCCEKE"><![CDATA[Patay-kastely, Cekehaza:2.0/2.0,H,R100529,U-]]></name>
<coord lat="48.2824666667" lon="21.2084333333"/>
<type>Geocache</type>
<link text="GCCEKE">http://geocaching.hu/caches.geo?id=3284</link>
</waypoint>

</loc>

Could you please take a look at what could have failed?

Bye,
pajko

kpajko79

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Cannot import (possibly huge?) .loc file Empty Re: Cannot import (possibly huge?) .loc file

Post  orux on Sat May 29, 2010 4:23 pm

kpajko79 wrote:Hi,

First, thanks for working on such a good app. With my custom Mobile Atlas Creator I was able to create a map of Hungary (a whopping 93000 square kilometres) using the map source Turaterkep (Hungary) with zoom levels of 7-15, which then was converted by a home-grown tool to a 880MB SQlite database. And yep, it works in OruxMaps like a charm Smile

During trying out things in OruxMaps, I've stumbled on a possible limitation, which is not checked for correctly and leads to a force close. When I try to import a .loc file containing all of the geocaches in Hungary, a message appears asking me to wait until the process finishes, it disappears after a couple of seconds, and after about half a minute a force close dialog box appears on the screen.
The .loc file is 2.3MB, and contains 9833 geocaches.

I couldn't find any information about the format OruxMaps is able to import, only a small snip in this forum. The file I try to import seems compatible with that. But anyway, here's the structure:

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<loc version="1.0" src="Groundspeak">

<waypoint>
<name id="GCCEKE"><![CDATA[Patay-kastely, Cekehaza:2.0/2.0,H,R100529,U-]]></name>
<coord lat="48.2824666667" lon="21.2084333333"/>
<type>Geocache</type>
<link text="GCCEKE">http://geocaching.hu/caches.geo?id=3284</link>
</waypoint>

</loc>

Could you please take a look at what could have failed?

Bye,
pajko

Hi, kpajko79;

Could you send me this file? -->oruxuro@gmail.com

Sure it is too large; but I can make some tests.

orux

orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum