OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

moving the map to a specified centre position

2 posters

Go down

moving the map to a specified centre position Empty moving the map to a specified centre position

Post  captain paranoia Thu May 23, 2013 5:25 pm

I've read through the English manual, and been through all the menu options, but I don't seem to be able to find a means of moving the map centre to a specified point.

I suspect this feature might be missing because it is assumed that the device will have GPS, but mine doesn't, and I just want to use it as an electronic map, and it would be nice to be able to enter a position (in the user-selected Units/Coordinates format), and have the map move to be centred on that point.

Have I not looked in the right menu yet, or is this function missing?

captain paranoia

Cantidad de envíos : 9

Back to top Go down

moving the map to a specified centre position Empty Re: moving the map to a specified centre position

Post  orux Wed May 29, 2013 3:46 pm

captain paranoia wrote:I've read through the English manual, and been through all the menu options, but I don't seem to be able to find a means of moving the map centre to a specified point.

I suspect this feature might be missing because it is assumed that the device will have GPS, but mine doesn't, and I just want to use it as an electronic map, and it would be nice to be able to enter a position (in the user-selected Units/Coordinates format), and have the map move to be centred on that point.

Have I not looked in the right menu yet, or is this function missing?

You can: -->map button-->move to.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

moving the map to a specified centre position Empty of course!

Post  captain paranoia Wed May 29, 2013 3:54 pm

Why didn't I think of looking under the map menu? I looked through all the point and track settings, but missed it in the map settings. Now added to my button bar.

I think you can guess my next request; coordinate entry in user-selected cordinate format...

Thanks again for your quick reply.

captain paranoia

Cantidad de envíos : 9

Back to top Go down

moving the map to a specified centre position Empty Re: moving the map to a specified centre position

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down