OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dashboard text size increase, hint clue, anything

2 posters

Go down

Dashboard text size increase, hint clue, anything Empty Dashboard text size increase, hint clue, anything

Post  bortek666 Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:00 am

Hi

I need to increase text size of the dashboard icons, like Speed, Direction, Altitude, etc. I know thiss has been asked before but there was no solution at that moment. Maybe this is now?

I dont mind if you can give me instruction on manually editing some files which controls the UI. I can play with it myself if I know which ones.

Regards.

bortek666

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down

Dashboard text size increase, hint clue, anything Empty Re: Dashboard text size increase, hint clue, anything

Post  Icarus Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:28 am

There are two options you may consider but both require your device to be rooted.

The first requires editing the build.prop file and will effect everything on the device. This is a global setting that will change the way fonts are sized across all applications -

Build Prop Editor

You need to change the value at 'ro.sf.lcd_density' to a larger number to make your fonts bigger.

The second option is an app that changes the lcd density on a per app basis. I use it just for OruxMaps, but in my case to make the fonts smaller so more Dashboard data can be displayed.

The link is here -

Xposed Framework Installer

Essentially, the app allows larger or smaller fonts by 'tricking' the app to think you have a different device size and screen.

To give an example, I wanted smaller fonts on my Galaxy S2 (resolution 800 x 480) to get more Dashboard panels.

Here are the before and after shots -

Dashboard text size increase, hint clue, anything BeforedpiChange After Dashboard text size increase, hint clue, anything AfterdpiChange

Of the two options, I'd recommend the Xposed Framework. The global change to build.prop can give some unintended effects that make it difficult to do things on the device.

Orux - The Xposed Framework is free and open-source. Maybe a module that interfaces with the Xposed Framework could be included in OruxMaps for greater control of the UI?

Icarus

Cantidad de envíos : 104

Back to top Go down

Dashboard text size increase, hint clue, anything Empty Re: Dashboard text size increase, hint clue, anything

Post  bortek666 Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:07 am

Thanks Icarus for a quick reply. I definetely do not want to change the setting that will make global effects on all/other aplications.

So Xposed Framework Installer would be option I can consider. I have not rooted my Nexus 7 yet but it is worth if I can achive what I want.

What I wonder is: won't changing the lcd density affect the map size? In my case I would have to decrease lcd density to make resolution smaller. I think that it would also make the map area smaller. Say if in native resolution I have 4 blocks of houses on my map screen and after chaning the resolution I would see only 3 or 2 blocks of houses,all taking into account I have the same Zoom level. If I look at you screenshot I dont really see that effect.

If Orux is reading this, I dont know how much work it is to implement this feature but I think it would be very usefull, I have seen people asking for it on other forum threads.

bortek666

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Icarus Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:05 am

Changing the lcd density won't affect the display resolution of the map portion of the screen, only the text boxes. You may note in the screen-shots above, I've got slightly more map display by having smaller fonts because the Dashboard strips are thinner. You will notice the reverse effect, with slightly less map from top to bottom due to the thicker Dashboard strips.

Icarus

Cantidad de envíos : 104

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down