OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Observed mistakes: Font color when starting tracks, summary values in track statistics

4 posters

Go down

Observed mistakes: Font color when starting tracks, summary values in track statistics Empty Observed mistakes: Font color when starting tracks, summary values in track statistics

Post  potifa Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:32 pm

Orux,

I continue enjoying the app a lot. It's a lot of fun and very easy and convenient to administer training and to explore new ways. I've recently managed a 180km trip and still had battery left or another 20km, which I think is a big asset of the app. (Of course, I used it with the screen off most of the times in that case.) However, over the recent three updates I encountered a number of minor issues that I would like to report.

(1) The height values that OruxMaps captured like a year ago were much more consistent with reality then recently. I deactivated the GEOID/NMEA correction today and I will check later how this affects the results. Clearly, 1000hm on 100km cycling in Holland are totally overestimated.
(2) Since the second last update, the number of calories and the average puls rate are shown correctly as long as the track is recording, but once I stop recording, the values are totally off (much too low in both cases...). However, if I export the GPX track to Trainingstagebuch.org, I do see the correct average puls rate. (Calories are not exported anyways.)
(3) Now, with the last update, you must have changed a font color setting. I activated the option that I have to give a name to the track once I start recording it. Since the update, the font color is not black anymore, but white on very light grey background (I use the "red" standard theme). I cannot find a setting for this font color in OruxMaps, and all font colors that I can set manually are set to black.

Best wishes
potifa

potifa

Cantidad de envíos : 20

Back to top Go down

Observed mistakes: Font color when starting tracks, summary values in track statistics Empty Re: Observed mistakes: Font color when starting tracks, summary values in track statistics

Post  orux Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:31 pm

potifa wrote:Orux,

I continue enjoying the app a lot. It's a lot of fun and very easy and convenient to administer training and to explore new ways. I've recently managed a 180km trip and still had battery left or another 20km, which I think is a big asset of the app. (Of course, I used it with the screen off most of the times in that case.) However, over the recent three updates I encountered a number of minor issues that I would like to report.

(1) The height values that OruxMaps captured like a year ago were much more consistent with reality then recently. I deactivated the GEOID/NMEA correction today and I will check later how this affects the results. Clearly, 1000hm on 100km cycling in Holland are totally overestimated.
(2) Since the second last update, the number of calories and the average puls rate are shown correctly as long as the track is recording, but once I stop recording, the values are totally off (much too low in both cases...). However, if I export the GPX track to Trainingstagebuch.org, I do see the correct average puls rate. (Calories are not exported anyways.)
(3) Now, with the last update, you must have changed a font color setting. I activated the option that I have to give a name to the track once I start recording it. Since the update, the font color is not black anymore, but white on very light grey background (I use the "red" standard theme). I cannot find a setting for this font color in OruxMaps, and all font colors that I can set manually are set to black.

Best wishes
potifa

Hi;

1.-The geoid correction will not solve your problem. It is a very constant value on large areas. If you want more accuracy than that obtained with the GPS, download DEM files from your area and use the height values of these files (settings - gps).

2.-What do you mean? In the statistics?

3.-It is a bug with some android versions, please, try with last update (5.5.1).

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Observed mistakes: Font color when starting tracks, summary values in track statistics Empty Re: Observed mistakes: Font color when starting tracks, summary values in track statistics

Post  potifa Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:58 pm

Hey Orux!

(2) Yes, in the track statistics. The screen that you reach after you stop recording a track, go to "manage tracks", click on a track and select "statistics".

(3) As soon as I'll see 5.5.1, I'll do. At the moment, PlayStore yet tells me that 5.5.0 is up to date. My Android version is 2.3, by the way. Thank you for pointing out the reason.

Best wishes
Thomas

potifa

Back to top Go down

Post  potifa Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:54 pm

Hey Orux!

Just updated to 5.5.1.

To (1) The last proper puls/kcal statistics are from 20.4.2013. The next track that I recorded while wearing a puls belt dates from 25.4.2013 and has wrong values. No change in equipment. Average puls as shown in OruxMaps is always between 70 and 80, but the difference to the reported average puls at Trainingstagebuch.org is not stable. I checked the gpx files and conclude that Trainingstagebuch.org calculates the averages itself rather than taking the saved averages in the gpx file (for these are the wrong values). kcal ist mostly between 100 and 400 (except for two very long trips), and I have the impression that it's consistently around 1000kcal too low.

To (2) Problem solved, thank you very much.

Best wishes
Thomas

potifa

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:45 am

potifa wrote:Hey Orux!

Just updated to 5.5.1.

To (1) The last proper puls/kcal statistics are from 20.4.2013. The next track that I recorded while wearing a puls belt dates from 25.4.2013 and has wrong values. No change in equipment. Average puls as shown in OruxMaps is always between 70 and 80, but the difference to the reported average puls at Trainingstagebuch.org is not stable. I checked the gpx files and conclude that Trainingstagebuch.org calculates the averages itself rather than taking the saved averages in the gpx file (for these are the wrong values). kcal ist mostly between 100 and 400 (except for two very long trips), and I have the impression that it's consistently around 1000kcal too low.

Best wishes
Thomas

Hi, Thomas,

Could you send me your oruxmapstracks.db file?

--> oruxuro@gmail.com

orux

orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:53 pm

orux wrote:
potifa wrote:Hey Orux!

Just updated to 5.5.1.

Best wishes
Thomas

Hi, Thomas,

Could you send me your oruxmapstracks.db file?

--> oruxuro@gmail.com

orux

Hmmm;

I have found a bug....

Please, try with last beta->www.oruxmaps.com/cs

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  potifa Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Will test it tomorrow evening. I'm a bit in the country side today,

potifa

Back to top Go down

Post  pfadfinder-outdoor Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi Orux,
it looks like the Heartrate calculation is now working correct again.

Beta 5.5.2.beta2

You remember, I reported this bug in the spanish forum unter Betas.

regards

pfadfinder-outdoor

Cantidad de envíos : 22

http://www.pfadfinder-outdoor.de

Back to top Go down

Post  potifa Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:27 pm

Sorry for my late reply, I had to postpone the testing. I can confirm that it works again with the most recent beta.

potifa

Back to top Go down

Post  Federicos Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi, Orux!
I'm using 5.5.1 with LG P500 (Gingerbread), but trying to change the track name to upload it, I can edit but the font color is invisible... it there is, I can edit but in a "blind" mode, because I can't see the letters: maybe it's white on white string.

Federicos

Cantidad de envíos : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down