OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Town and village names not shown on mapsforge vector map

Go down

Town and village names not shown on mapsforge vector map Empty Town and village names not shown on mapsforge vector map

Post  borish on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:07 am

If I use http://download.mapsforge.org/maps/europe/germany/sachsen.map or http://www.openandromaps.org/maps/Germany/sachsen.zip, the names of some places are not shown.

With the latter map and no stylesheet, the name of the

• town "Bad Schandau" in Saxony, Germany is not shown at zoom levels 10 - 13 and 15, 17.
  • village "Waltersdorf" in Saxony, Germany is not shown at zoom levels 14 - 16

I checked at the OSM website, but not in the map itself, that these places are correctly labeled.

If I use my own stylesheet that contains
Code:

<!-- place -->
                <rule e="node" k="place" v="*">
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="country" zoom-max="6">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="25" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="city" zoom-max="11">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="21" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="town" zoom-min="10" zoom-max="11">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="14" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>

<rule e="node" k="place" v="city" zoom-min="12" zoom-max="14">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="25" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="town" zoom-min="12">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="18" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="suburb" zoom-min="13">
                                <caption k="name" font-size="13" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="village" zoom-min="12">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="13" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="island" zoom-min="10">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="20" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                </rule>
then the name of the

• town "Bad Schandau" in Saxony, Germany is only shown at zoom level 14
  • village "Waltersdorf" in Saxony, Germany is not shown at zoom levels 12, 14, 16
  • village "Kurort Rathen" in Saxony, Germany is not shown at zoom levels 12, 15 - 17

According to my stylesheet, these places should be shown on all zoom levels >= 12.

borish

Cantidad de envíos : 7

Back to top Go down

Town and village names not shown on mapsforge vector map Empty Re: Town and village names not shown on mapsforge vector map

Post  orux on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:55 pm

borish wrote:If I use http://download.mapsforge.org/maps/europe/germany/sachsen.map or http://www.openandromaps.org/maps/Germany/sachsen.zip, the names of some places are not shown.

With the latter map and no stylesheet, the name of the

• town "Bad Schandau" in Saxony, Germany is not shown at zoom levels 10 - 13 and 15, 17.
  • village "Waltersdorf" in Saxony, Germany is not shown at zoom levels 14 - 16

I checked at the OSM website, but not in the map itself, that these places are correctly labeled.

If I use my own stylesheet that contains
Code:

<!-- place -->
                <rule e="node" k="place" v="*">
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="country" zoom-max="6">
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="city" zoom-max="11">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="21" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="town" zoom-min="10" zoom-max="11">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="14" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>

<rule e="node" k="place" v="city" zoom-min="12" zoom-max="14">
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="town" zoom-min="12">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="18" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="suburb" zoom-min="13">
                                <caption k="name" font-size="13" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="village" zoom-min="12">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="13" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                        <rule e="node" k="place" v="island" zoom-min="10">
                                <caption k="name" font-style="bold" font-size="20" fill="#000000" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.0" />
                        </rule>
                </rule>
then the name of the

• town "Bad Schandau" in Saxony, Germany is only shown at zoom level 14
  • village "Waltersdorf" in Saxony, Germany is not shown at zoom levels 12, 14, 16
  • village "Kurort Rathen" in Saxony, Germany is not shown at zoom levels 12, 15 - 17

According to my stylesheet, these places should be shown on all zoom levels >= 12.

Hi;

Sorry, but OruxMaps does not paint the map; this work is done by mapsforge library. It is a transparent process to the application. It must be a problem with the library, or the style definition file. Have you tried if it works in other applications?

orux

orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Town and village names not shown on mapsforge vector map Empty Re: Town and village names not shown on mapsforge vector map

Post  borish on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:51 pm

orux wrote:
Sorry, but OruxMaps does not paint the map; this work is done by mapsforge library. It is a transparent process to the application. It must be a problem with the library, or the style definition file. Have you tried if it works in other applications?
orux
I've tried it with AdvancedMapViewer-0.3.1, which also shows some weird bugs. However, AdvancedMapViewer doesn't show the zoom level and I don't know what stylesheet it uses internally.

I open issue http://code.google.com/p/mapsforge/issues/detail?id=448. Since this issue is related to Oruxmaps, it will help the mapsforge developers if you also track this issue.

borish

Cantidad de envíos : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum