OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deleted map, can't run Oruxmaps now...

Go down

Deleted map, can't run Oruxmaps now... Empty Deleted map, can't run Oruxmaps now...

Post  AllanMinnesota on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:22 pm

New user here.

I tried downloading an online map for offline, restarted, mixed in another map type somehow, so I deleted the files in the mapfiles directory.

Now Oruxmaps wouldn't start. Every button press shows "loading" and blank screen.

Uninstalled Oruxmaps.

Now, I can't reinstall from Google play (Error 497 prevents loadload). Is the 5.5.0 apk available?

I didn't see an option to rebuild the map sources from the main menu. This suggested fix was a couple years old though...

Allan

AllanMinnesota

Cantidad de envíos : 6

Back to top Go down

Deleted map, can't run Oruxmaps now... Empty Re: Deleted map, can't run Oruxmaps now...

Post  AllanMinnesota on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:33 pm

So, what happened to this "update the database"?

I found how to delete offline maps: https://oruxmaps.forumotion.com/t1173-how-to-delete-offline-maps

But then upon starting oruxmaps, it would response to every button push with "loading" and a blank screen, with no other response.

Allan

AllanMinnesota

Back to top Go down

Deleted map, can't run Oruxmaps now... Empty Re: Deleted map, can't run Oruxmaps now...

Post  AllanMinnesota on Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:46 pm

A hacked way to get the 5.5.3 APK and install it worked eventually.

I make a backup of the oruxfiles directory for recovery attempts.

AllanMinnesota

Back to top Go down

Post  orux on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:17 pm

AllanMinnesota wrote:A hacked way to get the 5.5.3 APK and install it worked eventually.

I make a backup of the oruxfiles directory for recovery attempts.

Hi;

if you remove/change/add maps, refresh the map list (round button, top-right, map selector view).

orux

orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  AllanMinnesota on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:25 pm

I got it. Thank you!!

AllanMinnesota

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum