OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OruxMaps disappeared from PlayStore?

5 posters

Go down

OruxMaps disappeared from PlayStore? Empty OruxMaps disappeared from PlayStore?

Post  potifa Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:06 am

Hey Orux!

It looks like your app is not available any longer in the PlayStore. The direct link returns an error message and OruxMaps does not appear in search queries. I hope that something just went wrong and it doesn't mean that you abandoned the project, does it?

Best wishes
potifa

potifa

Cantidad de envíos : 20

Back to top Go down

OruxMaps disappeared from PlayStore? Empty Re: OruxMaps disappeared from PlayStore?

Post  orux Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:11 am

potifa wrote:Hey Orux!

It looks like your app is not available any longer in the PlayStore. The direct link returns an error message and OruxMaps does not appear in search queries. I hope that something just went wrong and it doesn't mean that you abandoned the project, does it?

Best wishes
potifa
Hi,

Problems with some map providers. Alleged copyright infringement. I will try to return without some online maps.

Meanwhile you can test the beta version-->www.oruxmaps.com/cs

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

OruxMaps disappeared from PlayStore? Empty Re: OruxMaps disappeared from PlayStore?

Post  potifa Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:19 am

Oh, not good. I really hope you get it solved, maybe with support of your community.

potifa

Cantidad de envíos : 20

Back to top Go down

OruxMaps disappeared from PlayStore? Empty Cloudy prognosis for cloud apps

Post  libove Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:32 am

Lovely how the author of the app wasn't notified of this action before his (our!!) app was yanked from the store.
With Google's destruction of key, much loved functionality in its own Google Maps app a few months ago (overnight, with no notice), and their fiasco with the iPhone version of Authenticator more recently (everyone who updated lost all of their configured app authenticators), and myriad other examples of how "our" contents are not under our control (including the Kindle book which Amazon deleted from users' devices when Amazon found that they had to removed it from their store), I worry greatly that the cloud has some too-sharp edges...

Good luck to our friend orux in resolving this and getting back to his good business of making a phenomenal app (instead of being distracted by the bad business of responding to, well, other companies' bad business practices!)

-Jay
Barcelona

libove

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  hoedlmoser Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:36 am

what's about using f-droid as an alternative to googles play store?

Franz

hoedlmoser

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:25 pm

hoedlmoser wrote:   what's about using f-droid as an alternative to googles play store?

Franz
Hi;

the app will be available in the web site.-->www.oruxmaps.com

I hope to return soon to the market, if not, I'll find another.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  GuustFlater Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Hi Orux, maybe a change to a basic online maps only when just installed from play store (google maps for instance?) and then give (easy) possibility to download a more complete on-line maps file? Personally I do not use the online maps feature, but I know, many do. It would be a pity if Oruxmaps cannot come back to Play store, because this will reduce exposure for the "large public" and therefore money for Orux....

GuustFlater

Cantidad de envíos : 21

Back to top Go down

OruxMaps disappeared from PlayStore? Empty Who was complaining about what copyright question?

Post  libove Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:52 am

Also, take advantage of us in your audience - we may be able to help with the legal question.

What content, was being accused of infringement how, by whom?

libove

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:54 pm

libove wrote:Also, take advantage of us in your audience - we may be able to help with the legal question.  

What content, was being accused of infringement how, by whom?
Thanks of all;

I talked to them, hopefully the problems will be resolved, and the app will back to google play soon.

But I have to eliminate many online maps. I do not want more problems. Each user will need to add map sources they want to use.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down