OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bugs in version 3.2.1 - UTM & track in GPX format

5 posters

Go down

Bugs in version 3.2.1 - UTM & track in GPX format Empty Bugs in version 3.2.1 - UTM & track in GPX format

Post  mkleung Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:49 pm

UTM
If I set the coordinate unit to be UTM, the format of the coordinates is not clear. For example, the UTM coordinates of Sydney Opera House should be "56H 334878 6252232" (zone number - preferably with grid zone, easting, northing), but the coordinates shown on the map are "56<>334878/6252232" - there is no indication of northern or southern hemisphere. If possible, I hope that in the next version I can also choose MGRS format (e.g. 56H LH 34878 52232).

Track log in GPX format
I use the GPX format of the track log. I noticed that the time recorded in the track log just come from the phone and so the time zone is not taken into account in the track log. When I export the GPX format of the track log to other software, the time recorded is several hours behind the actual time. I suggest that the track log should record the time come from the satellites so that the time recorded is surely correct.

Despite the above bugs, OruxMaps is very excellent. Keep it on!

mkleung

Cantidad de envíos : 6

Back to top Go down

Bugs in version 3.2.1 - UTM & track in GPX format Empty Re: Bugs in version 3.2.1 - UTM & track in GPX format

Post  orux Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:04 pm

mkleung wrote:UTM
If I set the coordinate unit to be UTM, the format of the coordinates is not clear. For example, the UTM coordinates of Sydney Opera House should be "56H 334878 6252232" (zone number - preferably with grid zone, easting, northing), but the coordinates shown on the map are "56<>334878/6252232" - there is no indication of northern or southern hemisphere. If possible, I hope that in the next version I can also choose MGRS format (e.g. 56H LH 34878 52232).

Track log in GPX format
I use the GPX format of the track log. I noticed that the time recorded in the track log just come from the phone and so the time zone is not taken into account in the track log. When I export the GPX format of the track log to other software, the time recorded is several hours behind the actual time. I suggest that the track log should record the time come from the satellites so that the time recorded is surely correct.

Despite the above bugs, OruxMaps is very excellent. Keep it on!

Hi;

you are right;

Perhaps you can test the last beta-->https://oruxmaps.forumotion.com/general-f8/beta-for-test-325beta-t583.htm

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Bugs in version 3.2.1 - UTM & track in GPX format Empty Re: Bugs in version 3.2.1 - UTM & track in GPX format

Post  cygnus Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:19 am

mkleung wrote:

Track log in GPX format

Ah! The missing timezone in the tracklogs is the reason why I had to switch off my timezone and manually set UTC+00 in my geotagging program when I tried to geotag my photos correctly with the GPX files from OruxMaps. I hope this will be fixed in the next release.

cygnus

Cantidad de envíos : 13

Back to top Go down

Post  mkleung Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:57 am

orux wrote:
Hi;

you are right;

Perhaps you can test the last beta-->https://oruxmaps.forumotion.com/general-f8/beta-for-test-325beta-t583.htm

orux
In view of solving the two problems, the Beta version 3.2.5 seems OK. But the coordinates shown on Waypoint Information (displayed when I tap a waypoint on the map) is still in the wrong format.

mkleung

Back to top Go down

Post  airzoink Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:23 am

May i know what unit for measurement did you set for your coordinates to show proper time? I'm also getting the timezone issue and still getting them on v3.2.7. Kindly let me know of any solutions to this. Thank you!

airzoink

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  mkleung Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:21 am

airzoink wrote:May i know what unit for measurement did you set for your coordinates to show proper time? I'm also getting the timezone issue and still getting them on v3.2.7. Kindly let me know of any solutions to this. Thank you!
I don't think the coordinate setting affects the time. I don't have your problem with my phone. I'm using Android 2.1.

mkleung

Back to top Go down

Bugs in version 3.2.1 - UTM & track in GPX format Empty Date handling in GPX

Post  caroig Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:59 pm

I agree that a datetime value in GPX time in the 2011-01-01T23:45:35Z format while containing the local time was erroneous. However, for most uses I believe the local time value is more useful (whether you use the GPX to geotag your photos or for uploading the track to EveryTrail etc.). Therefore I think it would be better to export the datetime with the local time plus the timezone offset, e.g. 2011-01-01T23:45:35+02:00.

caroig

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

Bugs in version 3.2.1 - UTM & track in GPX format Empty RE: Date handling in GPX

Post  caroig Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:06 pm

caroig wrote:I agree that a datetime value in GPX time in the 2011-01-01T23:45:35Z format while containing the local time was erroneous. However, for most uses I believe the local time value is more useful (whether you use the GPX to geotag your photos or for uploading the track to EveryTrail etc.). Therefore I think it would be better to export the datetime with the local time plus the timezone offset, e.g. 2011-01-01T23:45:35+02:00.

After some investigation I take this back. No piece of software seems to use the longer datetime format with timezone. After all, you can always calculate the local time from the coordinates.

caroig

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down