OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

What datum is best for Swedish maps?

Go down

What datum is best for Swedish maps? Empty What datum is best for Swedish maps?

Post  olhe on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:45 am

My Swedish maps has this line in Ozi calibration map file:

RT90,WGS 84, 0.0000, 0.0000,WGS 84

Orux cannot use RT90 so I used WGS 84 and UTM instead but I get a W/E fault of about 150 meters. Is their a better datum to use or something else I can do to correct it?

olhe

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

What datum is best for Swedish maps? Empty Re: What datum is best for Swedish maps?

Post  orux on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:15 pm

olhe wrote:My Swedish maps has this line in Ozi calibration map file:

RT90,WGS 84, 0.0000, 0.0000,WGS 84

Orux cannot use RT90 so I used WGS 84 and UTM instead but I get a W/E fault of about 150 meters. Is their a better datum to use or something else I can do to correct it?

Hi, olhe;

RT90 is an option in OruxMapsDesktop datums.

you have to calibrate your maps using this datum.

check if you are using last OruxMapsDesktop version.

orux

orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

What datum is best for Swedish maps? Empty Hang on this thread...

Post  steggen on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:54 am

I have converted old OZI-projects with OruxMapsDesktop and got perfect results, but new scanned maps are missing more than a thousand meters. I've tried ordinarie topgraphic maps with RT90 and also screenshots from Kartex and/or Fugawi with original files based on topgraphic maps (Blå kartan).

The imagefiles are saved in jpg and/or png. I've tried all possibilites with RT90 -> lat/long-> geographical, RT90 -> UTM (34) -> grid and many other combinations all with missing calibration results. I've calibrated in all 4 corners with correct pixels and correct coordinates from maps or from Kartex/Fugawi screenshots.

What am I doing wrong? Perhaps I have to go the way via OZI? My old fine working OZI-files with map/jpg are more than 10 years old but worked perfect with OMD.

Anyhow, thanks for great job, the Oruxapp and OMD.

steggen

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

What datum is best for Swedish maps? Empty Re: What datum is best for Swedish maps?

Post  orux on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:20 pm

steggen wrote:I have converted old OZI-projects with OruxMapsDesktop and got perfect results, but new scanned maps are missing more than a thousand meters. I've tried ordinarie topgraphic maps with RT90 and also screenshots from Kartex and/or Fugawi with original files based on topgraphic maps (Blå kartan).

The imagefiles are saved in jpg and/or png. I've tried all possibilites with RT90 -> lat/long-> geographical, RT90 -> UTM (34) -> grid and many other combinations all with missing calibration results. I've calibrated in all 4 corners with correct pixels and correct coordinates from maps or from Kartex/Fugawi screenshots.

What am I doing wrong? Perhaps I have to go the way via OZI? My old fine working OZI-files with map/jpg are more than 10 years old but worked perfect with OMD.

Anyhow, thanks for great job, the Oruxapp and OMD.

Hi,

Send me one of those maps (the image) --> oruxuro@gmail.com

If they are too large, upload it to sharefile or similar,

orux

orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum