OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What datum is best for Swedish maps?

3 posters

Go down

What datum is best for Swedish maps? Empty What datum is best for Swedish maps?

Post  olhe Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:45 am

My Swedish maps has this line in Ozi calibration map file:

RT90,WGS 84, 0.0000, 0.0000,WGS 84

Orux cannot use RT90 so I used WGS 84 and UTM instead but I get a W/E fault of about 150 meters. Is their a better datum to use or something else I can do to correct it?

olhe

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

What datum is best for Swedish maps? Empty Re: What datum is best for Swedish maps?

Post  orux Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:15 pm

olhe wrote:My Swedish maps has this line in Ozi calibration map file:

RT90,WGS 84, 0.0000, 0.0000,WGS 84

Orux cannot use RT90 so I used WGS 84 and UTM instead but I get a W/E fault of about 150 meters. Is their a better datum to use or something else I can do to correct it?

Hi, olhe;

RT90 is an option in OruxMapsDesktop datums.

you have to calibrate your maps using this datum.

check if you are using last OruxMapsDesktop version.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

What datum is best for Swedish maps? Empty Hang on this thread...

Post  steggen Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:54 am

I have converted old OZI-projects with OruxMapsDesktop and got perfect results, but new scanned maps are missing more than a thousand meters. I've tried ordinarie topgraphic maps with RT90 and also screenshots from Kartex and/or Fugawi with original files based on topgraphic maps (Blå kartan).

The imagefiles are saved in jpg and/or png. I've tried all possibilites with RT90 -> lat/long-> geographical, RT90 -> UTM (34) -> grid and many other combinations all with missing calibration results. I've calibrated in all 4 corners with correct pixels and correct coordinates from maps or from Kartex/Fugawi screenshots.

What am I doing wrong? Perhaps I have to go the way via OZI? My old fine working OZI-files with map/jpg are more than 10 years old but worked perfect with OMD.

Anyhow, thanks for great job, the Oruxapp and OMD.

steggen

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

What datum is best for Swedish maps? Empty Re: What datum is best for Swedish maps?

Post  orux Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:20 pm

steggen wrote:I have converted old OZI-projects with OruxMapsDesktop and got perfect results, but new scanned maps are missing more than a thousand meters. I've tried ordinarie topgraphic maps with RT90 and also screenshots from Kartex and/or Fugawi with original files based on topgraphic maps (Blå kartan).

The imagefiles are saved in jpg and/or png. I've tried all possibilites with RT90 -> lat/long-> geographical, RT90 -> UTM (34) -> grid and many other combinations all with missing calibration results. I've calibrated in all 4 corners with correct pixels and correct coordinates from maps or from Kartex/Fugawi screenshots.

What am I doing wrong? Perhaps I have to go the way via OZI? My old fine working OZI-files with map/jpg are more than 10 years old but worked perfect with OMD.

Anyhow, thanks for great job, the Oruxapp and OMD.

Hi,

Send me one of those maps (the image) --> oruxuro@gmail.com

If they are too large, upload it to sharefile or similar,

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down