OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is it possible to refresh tiles in an offline map?

2 posters

Go down

is it possible to refresh tiles in an offline map? Empty is it possible to refresh tiles in an offline map?

Post  justdave Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:33 am

I have a couple places I go where the cell reception sucks, so I used the map creator to download a copy of several layers of OSM Mapnik for the area I was planning on being in. This worked great except that OSM tends to get updated pretty often (especially when I added stuff to it myself when I found things missing). I'd like to update my existing map, but I can't find a way to do that without deleting it and recreating it from scratch. Maybe that's the only way to do it, but since the offline map knows the coordinates of the tiles, seems like refreshing it shouldn't be hard, maybe just have to point it at the correct source again.

Thoughts?

justdave

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

is it possible to refresh tiles in an offline map? Empty Re: is it possible to refresh tiles in an offline map?

Post  orux Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:33 pm

justdave wrote:I have a couple places I go where the cell reception sucks, so I used the map creator to download a copy of several layers of OSM Mapnik for the area I was planning on being in. This worked great except that OSM tends to get updated pretty often (especially when I added stuff to it myself when I found things missing). I'd like to update my existing map, but I can't find a way to do that without deleting it and recreating it from scratch. Maybe that's the only way to do it, but since the offline map knows the coordinates of the tiles, seems like refreshing it shouldn't be hard, maybe just have to point it at the correct source again.

Thoughts?

Hi;

sorry but not; offline maps can not be updated.

yes with online & online cache.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

is it possible to refresh tiles in an offline map? Empty Re: is it possible to refresh tiles in an offline map?

Post  justdave Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:21 pm

ok, the next obvious followup question then, is there a way to delete an offline map from within OruxMaps? Or do I need to switch out of it an use a file manager to do that? Smile

justdave

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down