OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tracking Feature Question

2 posters

Go down

Tracking Feature Question Empty Tracking Feature Question

Post  Q75D Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:26 pm

I did a quick search but wasn't quite sure of the answer.

Here is what I want to do (and I think Orux will let me Smile): Use an offline map with a bluetooth GPS (I was looking at Qstarz BT Q818XT - anyone know anything about these?) in Mexico (for the Baja 1000). I really need the program to track and display a line on the map. Right now we use a Lowrance GPS, which is ok, but the map quality isn't very good. I have a Toshiba Thrive, and want to use the tablet for GPS.

My question is, does Orux maps' tracking allow for a line to be drawn, tracing my path? So, for example, if I drive down a road and then drive down it later, will Orux maps show a line that I have already gone down this road? I think the Lowrance allows for 30,000 points or something that makes our "line."

Thanks in advance for any help! I'm going to do more searching. If anyone has advice about a good bluetooth GPS, I would like to hear your opinions also!
Salu2
-Megan

Q75D

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

Tracking Feature Question Empty Re: Tracking Feature Question

Post  orux Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:12 pm

Q75D wrote:I did a quick search but wasn't quite sure of the answer.

Here is what I want to do (and I think Orux will let me Smile): Use an offline map with a bluetooth GPS (I was looking at Qstarz BT Q818XT - anyone know anything about these?) in Mexico (for the Baja 1000). I really need the program to track and display a line on the map. Right now we use a Lowrance GPS, which is ok, but the map quality isn't very good. I have a Toshiba Thrive, and want to use the tablet for GPS.

My question is, does Orux maps' tracking allow for a line to be drawn, tracing my path? So, for example, if I drive down a road and then drive down it later, will Orux maps show a line that I have already gone down this road? I think the Lowrance allows for 30,000 points or something that makes our "line."

Thanks in advance for any help! I'm going to do more searching. If anyone has advice about a good bluetooth GPS, I would like to hear your opinions also!
Salu2
-Megan

Hi, Megan;

Yes, you can save your track with OruxMaps:

Tracking Feature Question Device_01

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Q75D Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:20 pm

Thanks for getting back to me!

It wasn't about saving it, it was about having the tracks show up in "realtime" while I'm driving. For example, I'm looking at an offline map. I can see the roads. If I drive off the road though on an unmarked path I want to see a track there. I want it to trace me as I am driving even on the roads. The reason for this is the maps are not accurate but the trace of the GPS should be, so when I am driving at high speeds, using the GPS as a guide for what the road looks like (sharp turns, long straights, etc.) I can have something accurate, as well as mark a "road" that might not be on the offline map.

I downloaded Orux to my tablet, and I'm in the middle of trying to make an offline map as a test. I think it will do what I want...I hope Smile

Looks like an excellent program with what I have seen so far!

Q75D

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:25 pm

Q75D wrote:Thanks for getting back to me!

It wasn't about saving it, it was about having the tracks show up in "realtime" while I'm driving. For example, I'm looking at an offline map. I can see the roads. If I drive off the road though on an unmarked path I want to see a track there. I want it to trace me as I am driving even on the roads. The reason for this is the maps are not accurate but the trace of the GPS should be, so when I am driving at high speeds, using the GPS as a guide for what the road looks like (sharp turns, long straights, etc.) I can have something accurate, as well as mark a "road" that might not be on the offline map.

I downloaded Orux to my tablet, and I'm in the middle of trying to make an offline map as a test. I think it will do what I want...I hope Smile

Looks like an excellent program with what I have seen so far!

Hi, thanks;

You can take the map in 'direction up' mode, --> it will always be oriented; load a route, activate the alarm to alert you if you are outside the path, ...

There are many things you can serve.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Q75D Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:51 pm

An alarm won't help, I need it to draw a path behind where I have traveled. Like a piece of chalk behind your car! I will try the Orux this weekend and see what it does.

Thanks for the quick response! cheers

Q75D

Back to top Go down

Post  Q75D Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:14 pm

Orux maps doesn't trace like I need it to, and it force closed every time I tried to turn on tracking. Crying or Very sad

It looks like a great program, but just won't work for what I'd like. Thanks!

Q75D

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down